Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

All Day Breakfast/Fry Up type affair (too off-piste for the FEB thread, it'll earn me an immediate DNQ!) which will involve:

Sausages (Cumberlands for me, Richmond Meat Free for OH)
Streaky Bacon (for me)
Fried Eggs (for both)
Mushrooms (for me)
Hash browns (for OH)
Potato dish of some description (chips or sliced and fried - for me, not keen on supermarket hash browns)
The remains of last night's Gigantes Plaki (Greek baked beans essentially :D - for both)
Toast (for OH)
Fried slice (for me)

Tea didn't happen because I had a mountain of washing up to plough through from last night (normally OH's job but he has horrific eczema on his hands right now so is off dishes duty!) and then we both got a bit pissed and OH has staggered to bed for an early night.

I'll probably do it for an early tea before he goes to work tomorrow, so late afternoonish.

Finished off with cadburys layers of joy.
I have to forcibly restrain myself from buying those. They are far too nice.

I had rice noodle salad with courgetti, purple cauli, green beans, cucumber, peanuts and fried tofu with The Dressing.

It's nice - it's a bit too much faff though really with frying the tofu. I need to think of an alternative, easier protein.

Tea didn't happen because I had a mountain of washing up to plough through from last night (normally OH's job
!!! How much was there? You didn't eat because of it !

Photos next time, please (although I hope there won't be a next time).

I'm on my own at my mums (she's away) because El Jugs needed more than a day on his own in our home to sort out/organise his electronics hobby clusterfuck. He's having a pizza out of the freezer. I bought myself a pricey aged rib eye steak, some peppercorn sauce and some green beans. Haven't had a steak in ages., it's a rare badoom tish treat. El Jugs isn't into steak at all, so it's only something I'll get when I'm alone.

I'm on my own at my mums (she's away) because El Jugs needed more than a day on his own in our home to sort out/organise his electronics hobby clusterfuck. He's having a pizza out of the freezer. I bought myself a pricey aged rib eye steak, some peppercorn sauce and some green beans. Haven't had a steak in ages., it's a rare badoom tish treat. El Jugs isn't into steak at all, so it's only something I'll get when I'm alone.

How certain are you that you aren't going to go home to something resembling Doc Brown's workshop out of Back to the Future? :hmm:

Defrosted two turkey and chickpea curries the other night by mistake. Didn't fancy rice for change so had it with oven chips and fermented red cabbage

Need to do another batch of that one next time I see turkey legs in Asda. They're such great value and the bone adds flavour to the curry.

I've got that Friday feeling. Except its not Friday :(

I had plans to study tonight but work wasn't to busy today so I got a lot done in their time and I couldn't face more time in front of a screen.

So I bought 4 cheap lagers and I'm cooking an odds and sods curry from scratch with freezer portions left. Pork shoulder, chickpeas, pepper with a base of toms and coconut milk and lots of freshly ground spices and mountains of fresh coriander to finish. Little spiced roast spuds and rice on the side.

Back
Top Bottom