Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I've skipped tea tonight largely due to feeling stressed about various stuff (mostly financial) - if I am stressed/anxious/upset the first thing that goes is my appetite.

I wanted to do a keema (inspired by a post a bit upthread!) but I think I'll do it as a late lunch before I go out to the event I am volunteering at tomorrow evening. Just don't feel like it this evening.

I've got some daal on the hob for us both to have as an early tea, I'll also do that keema for myself, and garlic and coriander naans out of a pack for both of us.
Maybe some rice too.

Had the shittiest day of a shit week, ordered pizza for 7pm and waited whilst kids watched a movie and I drank beer and featured with rage. Got a message at 18.50 that they cancelled the order. So oven tea, with added what-the-fuckness.

I hope you have a better day tomorrow!

I've got some daal on the hob for us both to have as an early tea, I'll also do that keema for myself, and garlic and coriander naans out of a pack for both of us.
Maybe some rice too.

Didn't do rice in the end, as I had 1 dish more planned for myself than for OH and I found we had more potatoes that needed using than I thought, my keema had some of the spuds in it so I did him some spicy roast potatoes to use up the potatoes and to go with his daal and naan bread, he had some home made hot sauce in the fridge too so it ended up going well for an early tea with limited time for me to prep and cook before we both went out this evening (him to work, me to volunteer at a bat monitoring thing).

Leftovers of that tomorrow, but with some rice (maybe mushroom rice but I must remember to ask OH to pick up some basmati and some mushrooms on his way past the supermarket in the morning!) and I might do a spinach dish also.

I am firmly in camp spud when it comes to carbs. Rice I don't really get - and can't cook it well.

I'm the opposite pretty much - now there are some meals that need spuds - roasties with a roast dinner & gravy, sausage/egg beans and chips, fish & chips, pie and mash or chips. I'm not going to eat those things with rice instead.
But in general those are the exceptions and I bloody love rice :D

Filled pasta with a rocket, blue cheese and walnut salad. Pretty nice and took less than ten minutes. Followed by an evening doing a jigsaw puzzle with my daughter so feeling very wholesome.

In the process of making this (with some extra garlic and a chilli).

Love that dish, I usually have it with Greek roast potatoes or this:

Edit: Here's the potato recipe I like

Back
Top Bottom