Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Indifferent meal of wholemeal tagliatelle (not buying them again, I don't like them), smug courgette, soft cheese and some of Lidl's cheapest smoked salmon. Bit of Jude's salted caramel ice cream. Cup of redbush.

Courgette, soft cheese, and smoked salmon sounds like it should be the makings of an excellent pasta dish! Sorry to hear that the pasta itself let the side down.

We're having (going to be a late one cos we haven't been back from the supermarket long!):

For me: Kung Pao chicken with cashews instead of peanuts due to allergy (I don't think I will ever tire of this dish!)
For OH: Prawns/peppers/chillies in sweet and sour sauce
For both:
Mushrooms and broccoli in black bean sauce
Egg fried rice
Vegetable spring rolls (from the supermarket, not home made!)

Macaroni cheese. One of my favourite regulars: it’s actually rigatoni cos more cheese can get in, and the cheese sauce is basically a bechamel infused with onion, nutmeg, bay leaves, peppercorns and dry thyme, with cheddar and Brie melted into it in the last stage. All covered with Parmesan and breadcrumbs and finished off in the oven for a nice crispy topping. Can’t go wrong.

Beef stew apparently, its hot here so that will be probably not what I would have gone for usually, however I did also buy veg then not use it and apparently beef was reduced at lidl. Plus I am not cooking it so thats good either way.

Had a hankering after nachos all weekend but since I was with Posh Friends we never ordered them. So made that tonight with a chipotle chicken and bean type thing and aaaall the sides. Plus I got told that we have cuts coming up and we have to make some of my team redundant (possibly including me) so I stopped working rather than sitting there crying about how shit it all is, and made a cake with my daughter.
8069B556-8BCB-4BCD-9838-B39BC50F1812.jpegA3A313F4-C773-4F6E-B154-1A7C896663C6.jpeg

At least I think it's going to be rump steak, what I wrote on the bag isn't legible so it's mystery beef - if once defrosted it turns out to be beef shin it will be beef stew and dumplings instead :D

Edit: It was a rump steak :D

Last edited:
I did a maggi in chicken bag thing.
Had it with steamed veggies and new potatoes.
I bought a massive tub of pineapple from Costco, which we're finally at the end of. I'm going to roll it in cinnamon sugar and airfry it. Going to have it on top of greek yogurt.

Love reaction particularly for the pineapple dessert - I don't have that much of a sweet tooth but I do love that sort of afters! The acidity of the pineapple and the spiciness of the cinnamon will cut through the sweetness a bit, I am now wishing I had some pineapple in :D

At least I think it's going to be rump steak, what I wrote on the bag isn't legible so it's mystery beef - if once defrosted it turns out to be beef shin it will be beef stew and dumplings instead :D
I made that mistake before, ended up with a chili lasagne, it worked great! My labelling it still shite... we even have a label machine thing. I generally forgot to even label anything at all.

Back
Top Bottom