Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Batch cooking bolognaise in the slow cooker. Obviously made it many times before, but messing round a bit today. Tried using the food processor to get the carrots and onions pretty small. Think that means you can get more carrot in there, not sure if that's a good thing yet. Fried the tomato paste for a bit to get to caramelize slightly. Used the left over stock and onions from last nights brisket. So hopefully should good.

One thing I'm going to try I've never done before is add milk towards the end. Seems weird, but lots of recipes suggest it.

Last edited:
Have a vet appointment early tomorrow (check up) so don't want to be eating too late, I think I'll do myself some pasta amatriciana with some garlic bread, that doesn't take too long.

Will do OH an arrabbiata so that he has something quick to eat after we get back from the vet in the morning.

He's making two bean chilli tonight, and we'll have with white basmati cos I haven't got much brown rice left and I'm not paying fucking over the odds at Asda for it. Will have to wait til I'm passing a Tesco and get a 2kg bag from there. Anyhoo, sour cream and cheese to go with.

Choccy fudge cake with blackberries.

We're both ill - my usual summer cold which I always seem to get early July-ish (except 2020/2021 cos I wasn't getting out much), for OH with his respiratory issues it's become a bit of a chest infection and he's trying to get a rescue pack from the GP.

So don't really feel up to cooking, I have some of those Gastro tempura battered fish fillets that I got on special offer in the freezer, and some fries I can do in the air fryer, and a tin of beans - should do the trick and keep us fed and happy without too much effort.

I had originally planned to make a paella type dish (one of my favourites) for us tonight, but as we're both still not well and I am not sure whether I will feel like cooking or when OH will feel like eating, we'll be having burgers at whatever time we fancy it. Barely any prep required, just cook, shove in buns with condiments, and eat.

Southern style Quorn burgers for OH, I might have beef or I might have a chicken kyiv burger, will see how I feel.

I had originally planned to make a paella type dish (one of my favourites) for us tonight, but as we're both still not well and I am not sure whether I will feel like cooking or when OH will feel like eating, we'll be having burgers at whatever time we fancy it. Barely any prep required, just cook, shove in buns with condiments, and eat.

Southern style Quorn burgers for OH, I might have beef or I might have a chicken kyiv burger, will see how I feel.
Sorry to hear you are poorly…

Chicken Kiev in a burger, that’s a new one for me… are garlic butter fingers not an issue :)

Sorry to hear you are poorly…

Chicken Kiev in a burger, that’s a new one for me… are garlic butter fingers not an issue :)

Aye, garlic butter arms too.

I have an issue (probably ASD related) with the sensation of greasy hands so if I go for that option it can involve cutlery (hears burger crew do a sharp intake of breath!) :oops:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom