Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Change again sorry likers. Spag bol :facepalm:

Yeah I was wavering earlier and spag bol was one of the potential options here too :D

Sticking with plan A though, which doesn't take as long to cook (and will have spag bol sometime soon!)

I change my mind about tea all the time :D

I think I might go for the spag bol tonight

I've got enough time now to let it simmer for ages as it deserves (well my meat version, anyway! The quorn/veggies one for OH doesn't need as long) instead of it being a last minute thought last night!

I'm having to cook up my two remaining broccolis because they'd started to flower in the fridge...
I will then mix in the remaining 3 day old veggie stew based on red onion , red cabbage and carrots ... plus of course beans and canned toms ...

And I ran out of cheap Aldi varietals so I've opened a 16 year old bottle of "Promenade des Papes" Plan De Dieu CDR Villages ..

It's seriously smooth and full-bodied now - perhaps a hint of caramel ..
I have quite a stash of very old bottles that I need to shift before I move house though I suppose I could give it to my family and friends...

Went to a veggie Indian place called Lilliy's and tried an Uttampam and other nice stuff. It was all quite good value, couldn't eat everything we ordered (but they offered us a box for take out). There was also a lovely samba which was something I'd totally forgot about, but remembered how much I enjoyed. :)

PXL_20230628_185402354.MP.jpg
PXL_20230628_185536461.MP.jpg
PXL_20230628_183051304.MP.jpg

Well, he's now been told twice about the front right gas ring, and the SIMMERING rings. Ahem. Just about saved tea.

Tonight, I'll be frying some halloumi and making lime and chilli couscous and green salad, and he'll be making his first tomato salad. We'll have a load of black olives with it all too.

Buttered sultana scone slathered in homemade strawberry jam, and a decaff tea.

Back
Top Bottom