Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Burgers (some M&S smoky cheese and onions ones that were on special offer) and home made wedges.
Burgers to be served in brioche buns (sorry Badgers) with a variety of toppings - I'll probably have watercress, gherkins and tomato sauce with mine, maybe some thinly sliced shallots too.

Well not the Ribeye I bought cos I was playing a VR shooter and winning by myself on a 8v8 game (its the one thing I am like top 100 at lol) til now and its way too late to set off fire alarms by searing it properly (why do we have 5 fire alarms?).

edit : bunged a pizza in the airfrier since easy and quiet, dog kicked off for no reason and woke SO up anyway.

Last edited:
Last night I ate the remains of my packed lunch which I couldn't manage at lunchtime (I completely overfaced myself in the lunch department! I blame those Sistema lunchboxes with multiple compartments, it just seems wrong to leave any empty :hmm: ) - so it was cold meatball pasta (penne and meatballs in a spicy tomato sauce with fresh basil) and a small handful of black olives.

I haven't decided about tonight yet, I need to do some shopping for a few veg items and some necessities but tea might depend on what is on special in Morrisons, so it might be something from the reduced to clear, or a ready meal from the freezer if it gets late or I run out of spoons after shopping. What I really fancy though is either sausage and butter bean casserole, or boeuf bourguignon with one of the tubs of potato/swede/carrot mash that I got off the reduced to clear and bunged in the freezer - they are taking up a bit of room in there and something needs to go :D

I've had a bit of a shitty day in the end on top of poor sleep last night (in both cases much can be attributed to the heat in here!) and cannot summon the energy or willpower to do my shopping so will go tomorrow instead, I hate having to do my groceries on a Sunday but it is what it is.

So I'm going to have a rummage in the freezer to find a suitable ready meal that I can just bung in the microwave from frozen, and will plan instead on a nice meal cooked by my own hands for Sunday tea instead :)

Pizza last night coz the bus was late which meant I missed the connecting bus and had to get a lift, and I couldn't be bothered with anything else by then. Ham, mushroom and mascarpone.

Scampi supper and a single (battered slice of) black pudding tonight from the chip van, plus half a tin of baked beans and three fried eggs at home. Wasn't enough room in the pan for everything so I'll have a massive plate of fried mushrooms separately after.

Head of broccoli, can of lentil and veggie soup, can chickpeas, can chopped toms, mushrooms, Dijon mustard, tahini.Aldi Pinot Noir.

Jumbo oats, milked flaxseed, mashed banana, tahini, raspberry syrup - oops ..

Stubbed my little toe quite badly when I got out of bed earlier, I could only manage a hobble to Iceland instead of going to Morrisons to do a proper shop, I picked up a bag of salad potatoes and some low-ish abv beer, too hot to think properly about food yet but I think I'll have some of the spuds either as potato salad or just steamed and served with butter, a chicken kyiv, and some tomato and olive salad.

Stubbed my little toe quite badly when I got out of bed earlier, I could only manage a hobble to Iceland instead of going to Morrisons to do a proper shop, I picked up a bag of salad potatoes and some low-ish abv beer, too hot to think properly about food yet but I think I'll have some of the spuds either as potato salad or just steamed and served with butter, a chicken kyiv, and some tomato and olive salad.
On three separate occasions I have broken a toe getting to, into or out of bed. Seems surprisingly dangerous for something thats supposed to be comfortable enough for you to fall asleep on. Makes a rather loud noise.

On three separate occasions I have broken a toe getting to, into or out of bed. Seems surprisingly dangerous for something thats supposed to be comfortable enough for you to fall asleep on. Makes a rather loud noise.

OH works nights, I woke him up hopping around yelling OW OW OW OW - fortunately not broken or I'd still be having to lie down with it elevated and probably crying - but yeah having broken toes on at least 3 separate occasions I can confirm that it hurts like fuck. I'm always stubbing my toes cos of poor co-ordination.

Back
Top Bottom