Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Mexican themed BBQ for my birthday. Spatchcocked marinated chicken, spicy grilled prawns, chipotle steak (this was amazing). Corn tortillas for tacos.

Sides of guacamole’ pico de gallo, lime crema, taco slaw aka cabbage salad.

Tortilla chips and homemade salsa to start.

Lots of wine 🤪

Proper traditional Chinese steamed pork and rice with a teeny bit of chilli before the Wham documentary at Sheffield film festival. So nice to have a plain non fancy non boozy meal while travelling

Supposed to be a new food from highly rated place locally, they fucked right up, took 2.5 hours for delivery quoted at 40mins, 4 miles away, restaurant had to send it out themselves after saying they couldn't and sending us to some stupid delivery app. One delivery who insist it has not been delivered on tracking but also say it has on text alert. Who cranked up the price by a huge amount then did not deliver it.

Momo (Medium) x2 (great stuff), Kukhura Ko Tarkari (nice, wheres the chicken), Monk Fish Sagun (monkfish was weirdly soggy and soft), Duck Masaladar (actually delicious), Chicken Tikka Masala (worse then usual place but ok), King Prawn Madras (wheres the prawns?) They also broke every single poppodom, which do not look like they were made in store. My review ideas are all over the place. Wait til tomorrow.

Paid an absolute fortune for this, £15 was on delivery and upcharges v website we could not use and the shite company did not even supply anything and then the restaurant sent someone out. Who gave us half filled containers or missing half the protein. £6 extra for king prawns then give us 3? Was very excited to see new dishes I never heard of especially from that region, now I am surprisingly hungry with lots of sauce leftover to add chicken/etc to to and serve over rice.

Last edited:
A lovely roast beef dinner at a friends in London after a super shitty broken tracks, broken train, broken tube journey from Sheffield. Remarkably well behaved considering it’s Father’s Day and fathers birthday.. I’ve never seen them so restrained but final exams for one of the kids tomorrow. I’m tucked up in bed and very glad for a quiet one

Freezer-foraged leek and bean gratin, crushed buttered spuds, green beans.

We have a few strawbs left, plus some of the garden ones have ripened, so scones and jam are now for tomorrow, because tonight we will be forced to eat yet more delicously gooey brownies with strawbs and vanilla ice cream. It's a hard life and no mistake.

I think I'm going to do meatball/quornball spaghetti tonight.

My basil is going insane (it is the one thing I seem to be able to grow reliably indoors on my kitchen windowsill and always get a good crop going in the summer!) so I can put some in the tomato sauce, I really need to cut it back hard to prevent it bolting and flowering, so pesto is somewhere on the horizon - but am out of pine nuts/nuts so that won't be tonight - I'll pick up a bag of broken (machine recovered - a lot cheaper and no workers lost a finger due to caustic burns in the process) cashews later in the week and knock up a batch of basil/cashew pesto.

Stir fried spring greens and carrots with prawns and cashews, soy sauce, star anise etc. Rice noodles.

What is it about stir frying that turns a modest amount of veg into a massive meal? I always end up with far too much.

OMG yes this, my noodles that I did the other day as a side, it was for 2 and I had supposedly 1 portion of straight to wok noodles and a few finely sliced veg and ended up with something that could have fed the 5000!
No I don't understand what that is about.

Back
Top Bottom