Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Chinese Fakeaway for us tonight!

Veggie noodles (not the usual lo-mein though cos OH fancied different noodles for a change so will make it up as I go along using those!) and egg fried rice for both of us.
I'll have a chicken dish- either kung pao chicken (with cashews instead of peanuts) or chicken and peppers in black bean sauce
OH wants sweet & sour prawns

I'm impressed you made up your own recipe sojourner!

Was going to be a one-pot Chinese chicken rice thing from Recipetineats but the OH has been sent to Nottingham because of the attacks and so I CBA to cook it just for myself. So not sure yet but will be a fridge forage of some kind. Luckily my fridge is always full! :D

I have very little idea what it is but its leftover takeaway from ordering enough food for 5 people and there being 2. Some kind of kebabish thing but with no veg/salad or naan/pitta. Looks like a big pile of deliciously flavoured meat, also seems to be some alleged Calzone and 2 onion rings? Idk what we were planning, I had fish and chips?

Tonight's tea will (hopefully) be made by the fella! I have left him clear printed instructions on how to make a tomato and mascarpone sauce with penne. I think it'll be better for him to cook it on his own in the daytime so he can make as much noise as he likes without winding me up. Normally in the kitchen, he bangs stuff round, drops stuff, and swears like a fucking trooper - proper stresses me out!

Penultimate lemony muffins tonight. Might get him making brownies tomorrow!
The boy done good. 10/10 in fact 😎👍❤️

A vaguely Thai noodle salad, cooked up some flat rice noodles in chicken stock, mixed in shredded chicken, spring onion, grated carrot, coriander, tomatoes and green beans. Made a peanut dressing from squeezy peanut butter (first time buying/using its runny so perfect for this), soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, lime juice and mae ploy. Was a lovely dressing, but I wish I’d made double the amount. First time I’ve got creative in months.

Stoked by his success, himself will be making roast peppers/onions/tomatoes/garlic/field mushrooms with pesto pasta for tea tonight! I'm so pleased he's finally having a crack at cooking. It does work better if he's on his own to read and follow the recipe in his own (very methodical!) time without me hanging over his shoulder.

Asda's Finest dark choc and seville orange cookies with a decaff coffee.

Stoked by his success, himself will be making roast peppers/onions/tomatoes/garlic/field mushrooms with pesto pasta for tea tonight! I'm so pleased he's finally having a crack at cooking. It does work better if he's on his own to read and follow the recipe in his own (very methodical!) time without me hanging over his shoulder.
10/10 again 😎❤️ Said he enjoyed cooking it too. I could get used to this!

I have been eating salads in the evening recently, radish, tomato, leafy stuff, peppers, cucumber and courgettes.

And a little light Hellmans mayonaise

It has been very successful so I plan to buy more stuff, it all came from Lidl.

Tonight though no salad left so I had tortelini which a boiled and simmered for just 3 minutes and it was quite pleasent.

However the packet I bought has enough for about 4 servings which is a bit of a pain.

There don't seem to be many things that are sized for a single person.

Back
Top Bottom