Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

The last few spoonfuls of mixed beans with a couple of grilled peppers from a jar thrown in to make them taste of something. Some volunteer potatoes I found growing where they shouldn't be. Probably about a pound of spicy salad mix dunked in balsamic dressing. Two bacon medallions fried with loads of mushrooms. Cuppa. Toasted buttered rowies. Cuppa.

Stewed apple with cinnamon and yoghurt later if I want more food before bed.

It's looking like a chippy tea, or a Chinese. We're filling up our water tank in a nearby village, then we're moving our boat into my hometown and then we've got to walk and get the car from where we were moored, a long walk through fields in the hot sun. By the time we've moved boat & car we'll be too tired for cooking.

I think I'll be doing curry tonight, will report back later when I've decided for sure. Even if all else fails I have to use some cauli and potatoes so aloo gobi (which I like to do dry style, roasted in oil/ghee and spices) is a definite. OH doesn't like cauli but we have spinach in the freezer so can do sag aloo in a pan for him to have in the morning. If I have the energy there will be other dishes.

Last night was spinach and chickpea curry with a wholemeal Khobez bread.

Tonight have people over for a birthday dinner (two of us have birthdays this weekend!) so pushing the boat out slightly and firing up the BBQ. We will have pickled cherries with burrata if I find some otherwise buffalo mozzarella and ciabatta; grilled sea bass with warm potato salad and then some fancy cakes or tartlets or eclairs from the patisserie in Brixton Village (depending on what they have).

Eminently sensible :thumbs:
TY! Seriously it's 9pm, I've got the back windows open and it's still over 29C in the sitting room, I did not fancy a multi-dish BIR fakeaway odyssey tonight - either cooking or eating it. The weather is supposed to be a bit cooler tomorrow!

I’m meeting my friend after her swim and going to Harvester on the beach. Whatever I have will be disappointing but it’s a nice view and I do love a salad cart and those little rolls.
This was predictably shit. So awful I got a refund.

I thought a burger was safe because you can’t fuck up a burger if your ‘thing’ is grilling stuff right. Fucking inedible.

Tonight we had pasta and sauce. That wasn’t great either but as it cost about 75p I don’t mind. 😄

This was predictably shit. So awful I got a refund.

I thought a burger was safe because you can’t fuck up a burger if your ‘thing’ is grilling stuff right. Fucking inedible.

Tonight we had pasta and sauce. That wasn’t great either but as it cost about 75p I don’t mind. 😄

Really disappointed to hear that, going to Harvester was a big treat when I was younger!
I mean I expect it was shit then too but we didn't eat out much :D

Fish and chips. Still had half a flask of tea left so I've brought that down to sit on the beach and have a cuppa after my food and before walking back.

Got a big bowl of all the reject strawberries that aren't good enough to sell back at home, so probably those and a chocolate walnut brownie later.

Farmers' market spinach and sweet potato curry with rice. It wasn't bad but not worth the price. Not from the normal person I get ready meals from, she was sold out.

Still too hot to cook, it is absolutely roasting in here. I have properly cooled and stored cooked rice and lentils in the fridge which I will turn into proper lush dishes tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom