Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I haven't been shopping so I was rooting though the freezer and found a fish pie mix. So I've made a fish pie and automatically went to boil some eggs to put in it but my husband was horrified.

So fish pie with broccoli, peas and green beans and no boiled eggs.

For some reason last night I left myself a small amount of stifado for today - not entirely sure why because it wasn't much at all and I could have eaten it last night!

Anyway, I cooked some short macaroni and stirred it in then bunged some cheese on top, sort of a deconstructed pastitsio - twas lovely :D

Nom Friday night tea of spicy wedges, spring onion and extra mature cheddar homelette (made with my daughter's hens' eggs, get in!), and a leafy salad I just got on discount, which I will dress with evoo and pomegranate balsamic (also a gift from my lass - it is soooo good).

Belgian choccy cake with blueberries.

I mentioned on the reduced to clear thread that I'd happened across some 21 day aged rump steaks, got 1.6kg (8 steaks) for a tenner and popped them in the freezer.

Well tonight I am going for it - rump steak, chips, mushrooms, onions, peas. Not sure about condiments/sauce yet, if there's a lot of bits on the bottom of the pan then a red wine reduction with a dollop of mustard in usually goes well.

Morrisons are doing an easter pizza if anyone is interested in trying it and reporting back

easter pizza covered in chocolate

Tell us more Danny!

I haven’t made it to Morrisons yet so it’s more of an aspiration than a reality at the moment. But I’m for sure going to be getting my hands on one of those!

Back
Top Bottom