Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Do you eat an entirely raw diet now, gentlegreen ?
It sometimes seems like it recently !
By accident is has also recently become almost gluten-free :eek:
Mostly my aim is to stop myself eating too many calories.
I'm still 10 kilos too heavy.

I'm tending to cook every couple of days so I get my cruciferous greens and mushrooms - and lately I've been remembering to chuck a bit of seaweed in.

But I do like salad :)

Ended up here Koocha Mezze Bar - Persian Inspired Vegan Mezze

Won’t do it justice trying to remember what we shared. Three of us shared x1 large plate, x5 small /sides & 2 puddings. Definitely recommend.

Looks lovely!

Typical of modern website design - I wondered where it was so clicked on the link and then struggled a bit through the scrolling and moving images and clicked on several tabs to find out what bloody town it was in, you'd think they'd put the address clearly on the top of the home page if they want people to visit :D

Looks lovely!

Typical of modern website design - I wondered where it was so clicked on the link and then struggled a bit through the scrolling and moving images and clicked on several tabs to find out what bloody town it was in, you'd think they'd put the address clearly on the top of the home page if they want people to visit :D
That's exactly what I thought! (I was looking to see if it was in travelling distance).

Between leftovers and "where the fuck has the evening gone?" I hadn't cooked for a couple of nights.
I had a really busy day Sunday and was quite tired when I got in but I fancied something freshly cooked so I went to one of my easy low-effort standby meals - pasta (penne tonight) with an amatriciana sauce. Was delicious and just a few ingredients, no real work. (I can't get the traditional pig cheeks but it works well with pancetta too).

Early dinner (will also have late/second dinner) to use up stuff before we go away for a few days - salad leaves with roast beetroot, pear, walnuts and vegan blue cheeze. Pumpkin oil and balsamic dressing. Was better than I thought it’d be, especially the pear!
late dinner, left over pastas mixed together with some kale.

OH's night off (someone new took over doing the rota and staff now seem to have a regular pattern to their shifts and they know the rota for next week on a Friday night now instead of not being sure when they were working until early Monday morning - it's a real quality of life improvement basically).

He fancies Greek food so for him I am doing fried halloumi, we also have some falafels in the freezer but they are a bit dry so I'm going to do the sort of sauce that soutzsoukakia are normally served in to go with them.
For myself, I am doing a beef stifado made with beef shin.
To go with we will have spanakorizo (lemon and spinach rice), yoghurt mint dip, salad and pitta bread.
Might do some herby roast new potatoes also if those look like they need to be used urgently.

I have retsina, OH doesn't drink it but he (or both of us!) might also like an ouzo. (Thank you Lidl Greek Week for bringing us affordable retsina and ouzo several times a year :D )

Back
Top Bottom