Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

A mixed up fry.
No sausages.

20230322_173704.jpg
Rashers, white pudding, eggs, balsamic tomatoes, beans, mushrooms, potato croquettes ( found them in the freezer)

This was my dad's plate. I had to cut out some essential bits on my plate....bummer... but what I had was tasty.

Dire Chinese takeaway. I was feeling a bit delicate so got it Deliverooed.

It's probably a judgement on me for going for a meat dish. I thought it was going to be a char sui type thing but god knows what it is. Mostly fat and I think it was crispy at some point in its past but it certainly isn't now.

Keema Shawarma.

Fry an onion and some garlic, add whatever spices you fancy (or keep it simple with some garam masala or curry powder), bung in the mince, wrap in the bread.

Phwoar!
I have shawarma mix which also needs to be used which makes it simpler. We seem to have every spice in existence however we also have a tendency to buy any premix thing that isn't our usual. Did chicken chawarma from scratch before on the bbq and that was amazing stuff. Bit rainy tho.

Made Anna Jones's baked dhal with tamarind glazed sweet potato topping for band practice night. I might have to work my way through One on band practice nights, I keep meaning to make more things out of it.

This is one I've done before and it was very nice but the sweet potatoes didn't cook through properly and were still al dente. That's my rubbish cooker for you.

Had bagged spinach leaves with it.

Last night I made boeuf bourguignon with some beef shin which I had with some plain basmati rice.

Tonight I have round 2 of that, but I've remembered I have a tub of reduced to clear (10p!) mashed potato, carrot and swede in the freezer which will go perfectly with it, so I'll have that.
Might make a couple of herby dumplings and stick them in as I was out all day and feel there is an extra stodge requirement this evening.

Back
Top Bottom