Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Crab and cream cheese pasta with a few slightly bedraggled sprigs of PSB - first garden produce of the year. Tunnocks teacake.

The pasta wasn't as nice as it might sound. The crab had suffered a bit from being frozen and defrosted. It was meant to be cream, but for some reason I bought sour cream, which wasn't going to work as a combo but I did have some cream cheese... Anyway it was a meal.

Curry fiesta tonight, as we have loads of veg that needs turning into things. Will probably make aloo gobi, some kind of beetroot dish, coriander chutney, plus shop bought tandoori chicken things for the kids, rice, naans and raita.

I have completely failed at tea tonight.
I sort of fancy eating but I am not sure I can summon the willpower or energy to sort anything out.

Yesterday we went out for lunch with my brother so we swapped teas. We had a salmon curry using the mushroom and black eyed bean curry recipe, but without the mushrooms and beans. Salmon done in the airfryer with some tandoori masala. Salmon tikka masala, with rice. I had cake and custard after.

Tonight, chicken, leek and bacon pie with asparagus, broccoli, green beans and gravy.

I hope OH is going to get out of bed at some point so we can have a meal for my birthday but I am not sure what is happening atm. (He works nights and booked tonight off as leave for my birthday but is currently fast asleep. I wouldn't normally worry about it, but because it's Sunday the chippy is closed so there is no chippy tea Plan B and if I have to do the dishes and then cook tonight while he is asleep I am not going to be amused) :hmm:

I have been and bought a fuckload of polish meat. So I'm making
a Bacon wrapped chicken roulade with sausage stuffing, roast baby potatoes with rosemary and a carrot and swede mash with black pepper with a chicken jus, that's a chicken stock frozen the through a mesh for consome then reduced.

Alternativelty we have sausage meat, wrapped in chicken, wrapped in bacon, threw it with the potaotes in the oven and some rosemary off the bush then nuked a veg pot and reduced some homemade chicken stock after straining it

Back
Top Bottom