Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

We went to Star of the East for my birthday as I fancied a Sunday pub roast, it was a little bit pricey for pub food but bloody excellent meal, would recommend.

I had the roast beef and he had the squash and lentil wellington (which was by all accounts excellent, he said "best vegetarian roast dinner I've ever had") with roast spuds, carrots, red cabbage, green cabbage, roast parsnips, a decent sized Yorkshire pud each, a good sized boat of onion gravy, and we got an additional side of cauliflower cheese which was also really good.

So that was at about 16:00 due to OH working nights and sleeping days, so I think it counts as an early tea - it was really good. I am just starting to feel a bit peckish now however as that was quite early for tea!

I hope OH is going to get out of bed at some point so we can have a meal for my birthday but I am not sure what is happening atm. (He works nights and booked tonight off as leave for my birthday but is currently fast asleep. I wouldn't normally worry about it, but because it's Sunday the chippy is closed so there is no chippy tea Plan B and if I have to do the dishes and then cook tonight while he is asleep I am not going to be amused) :hmm:
Happy late birthday xx

Saturday we went out for pizza with friends and it was amazing, one of the best I’ve had I think. So worth a mention despite being days ago.

Yesterday was a chicken and pepper thing from Cook, potatoes, green beans and broccoli.

Tonight is dregs of the freezer night so chicken nuggets, chips and beans. 👍 In my defence, the nuggets are fresh chicken breast ones I got reduced.

We really need to do some shopping. I think the only freezer options left are a questionable curry and some pizza pockets from Costco. 😄

I think I'm supposed to be doing a fry up tonight - sausages and bacon for me, quorn sausages and a melting middle smoked haddock cheese and leek fishcake for OH, fried eggs, beans (Branston), mushrooms, chips (and for me some fried bread cos it would be criminal to let the bacon fat go to waste!)

I'm off work so doing a lot of eating out of lately. Last night was Thai - I had tom yum soup followed by stir fried chicken and veg that I cannot remember the name of.

Today I took daughter out for bibimbap for lunch - she had veggie, I had spicy pork. So tea will be Quorn mayonnaise sandwiches.

Back
Top Bottom