Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Curry again tonight - a veg Jalfrezi probably with seitan if partner has time to make that. With peppers, onions, courgettes. And the tofu 'butter' masala which is my current fave. With the garlic naans we made last week and froze.

We've got a plaice fillet left over from last night so we'll be having a bit of plaice, a posh fishcake (supermarket ones - smoked haddock with a cheese and leek melting middle) each, chips done in the air fryer, mushy peas for him ordinary peas for me, and I'll make some tartare sauce.

I had veggies to use up - red onions, carrots, broccoli stalks - also broccoli, butter beans, mushrooms, chopped canned tomatoes, kelp ... served with the usual tamari and tahini...

Went crazy with having the kitchen to myself so made enchiladas including the sauce and the tortillas. Pretty darn good if probably totally inauthentic. And got the kids back into the notion that you help make dinner rather than waiting for granny to dish it out :D

Got 2 huge yellow peppers int fridge, so them stuffed with feta and roasted. Will have with black olives, pesto fusilli, Romaine lettuce dressed with pomegranate balsamic/evoo.

Last of the bramble crumble and custard.

Back
Top Bottom