Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Went out with my parents today and had a late pub lunch of steak and ale pie, chips, peas and gravy.

So I probably won't want to eat tonight, but if I fancy something later I have options for something quick including cheese on toast or a sausage sarnie so it's all good.

Charred tenderstem with black beans, avocado, red onion, peanuts, garlic, chilli and limes. Traybake out of the Quick Roasting Tin book. Would normally pooh pooh avocado but it came free with Oddbox so might as well eat it. Will have with brown rice.

Choccy cake and raspberries.

Last edited:
I'm hoping that chicken breast will be defrosted in time for me to do a stir fry tonight, I also have peppers and carrots and some cashews. Fancy something in the direction of Thai style, with jasmine rice.

Particularly love the sound of the chipotle chicken traybake!
It was nice. I usually just use paprika and oil but I got some jars of chipotle and tomato paste from Sainsbury. They must be discontinuing them because they were 5p each.

Not sure what to do with the rest, maybe bbq marinade.

Yesterday was slow cooker beef stew, with added beetroot, which was delicious!

Tonight it's shepherd's pie.
I got some aubergines in my oddbox so I might try to incorporate them somehow :hmm:

IMO the ideal way to incorporate aubergine into a dish that already involves lamb mince and potato is to make moussaka - but then again I am a Greek food nut, if I can turn a meal Greek, I will. :D

I've got a chicken breast defrosted that needs using tonight (I started freezing them in pairs and ofc they stuck together so I currently have to have chicken 2 nights in a row once I've defrosted some :D ).
I'm defrosting lovely plaice fillets that I got off the reduced to clear for 74p in Sainsburys a while back and popped in the freezer.

OH is off today and so I'm going to do him fried plaice (probably lightly dusted in seasoned flour) with jollof rice.
I'm going to incorporate my chicken that needs using into my portion of jollof rice so it's an all in once rice dish - om nom nom.
If it turns out there are 2 plaice fillets in the pack (am unsure until I open it up) then depending on size of them we can either share the 2nd one tonight, or OH can have it tomorrow with chips.

Pasta bake, spicy sausage and roast veg sauce using merguez snossiges which worked well. Whizzed up the cheesy leeks from yesterday to make a bechamel type topping, had with spinach and avocado salad. So not much of a thrill but used up odds and sods from the fridge and got through Monday :thumbs:

Braised green lentils, jacket spuds, sprouts, steamed/buttered/black peppered white cabbage.
Realised yesterday that I had to use up fresh coriander and tomatoes cos they were on their last legs, so made two teas! A borlotti and black-eyed bean chilli with green peppers, cheese, sour cream and brown rice, which is what we ended up eating cos it smelled soooo delish.

Braised green lentils tonight instead, and it's already made, yay, so I only have to do the veg. Deffo bramble crumble and custard tonight cos we had a flapjack last night.

Back
Top Bottom