Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Having yesterday’s planned Tea of tempura fingers of fish and salad.

Went proper off piste y/day. We did have the roast spuds but I sliced mine up and had it in a pitta with cheese slivers hunks of cheddar + a bit of soup (forgot there was some in the fridge which needed to be finished), I was dipping the roast potatoe and cheddar pittas into the soup and it was glorious.

Actually tasted fine ......paprika and parsley jazzed up the appearance a bit !

Mine always comes out beige - there's nothing really green enough in it to make the soup green, unless you're only going to use the green part of the leek - the rest of the ingredients are quite pale.
I agree that a sprinkle of herbs on it definitely improves the appearance a bit.
Flavour usually not an issue :D

Boring week here, OH's pay got messed up and it should have been sorted by now but hasn't been, so I'm a bit restricted to ingredients we already have.
Fortunately since the shortages and lockdowns from 2020 onwards I've been much better about keeping the freezer and cupboards well stocked!
Probably not going to get sorted out now until next payday so we've got another week of "whatever we have in".

Tonight I made myself some more bacon and mushroom pasta, this time I put some tomato purée in it so it was a bit different to the last one I did a few days ago.
Will have to have a think about meals for the next week just in case, or I am going to be fed up of pasta dishes involving bacon (I have quite a lot of back bacon rashers in the freezer!) by the end of next week.

Boring week here, OH's pay got messed up and it should have been sorted by now but hasn't been, so I'm a bit restricted to ingredients we already have.
Fortunately since the shortages and lockdowns from 2020 onwards I've been much better about keeping the freezer and cupboards well stocked!
Probably not going to get sorted out now until next payday so we've got another week of "whatever we have in".

Tonight I made myself some more bacon and mushroom pasta, this time I put some tomato purée in it so it was a bit different to the last one I did a few days ago.
Will have to have a think about meals for the next week just in case, or I am going to be fed up of pasta dishes involving bacon (I have quite a lot of back bacon rashers in the freezer!) by the end of next week.
Pretty bad of his employer not to get it sorted out asap.

Tonight I am having a Chinese style chicken curry with egg fried rice ready meal.

Lacking inspiration, tired, feet still cold from being out all day, most of the pots and pans need washing up, and I have to be up early in the morning so ready meal it is.
Will have with a glass of merlot and then a few squares of dark chocolate (Lidl) for afters.

Back
Top Bottom