Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I did a swap with my neighbours last night - our runner beans for their eggs.
So tonight's tea will be fritatta of some description.

tonight i made pan fried pollock fillets with a cumin, coriander seed and black pepper crust, to go with seafood and sweet potato curry. all with rice and shop bought bhajis/samosas etc. i think it was appreciated.

Did intend to just whack an M&S quiche in the oven last night and dish it up with salad things, but Herself is out tonight so I wanted to cook something nice for us. Did the old standby: chicken, chorizo and bean stew. Phwooarr lovely :cool:

Tonight it's rice pudding.
I was going to just have that for pud, but I've decided I can't be bothered cooking anything to go before it. So it's just rice pud with lots of skin and lemon curd swilred into it.

I have steak but I don't have new potatoes :D I do have one red potato in the cupboard, so maybe I'll do wedges instead... saves me going to the shops :)

Last night we ate out at a lovely local place and the chef/owner made me a off menu veggie enchilada and fried garlic potatoes (both used to be on the menu), my BF had a Pad Thai. Then later I ate loads of crisps/bombay mix.

Not sure today but been invited to a BBQ (it's raining) or may do the tagine that i planned for friday gone.

Was at a friends daughters birthday yesterday so we had veggie picnic/bbq stuff in the park, followed by cake and lots of cider and then, later, a mint Caipirinha...yum, yum, yum...

Tonight I'm having squid and caponata with spaghetti and then some garden strawbs and the rest of the (VERY small :D ) melon I managed to grow! :cool:

Was at a friends daughters birthday yesterday so we had veggie picnic/bbq stuff in the park, followed by cake and lots of cider and then, later, a mint Caipirinha...yum, yum, yum...

Tonight I'm having squid and caponata with spaghetti and then some garden strawbs and the rest of the (VERY small :D ) melon I managed to grow! :cool:

:cool:
I'm glad you got something for your efforts!

Tonight was roast chicken, roast new pots and veg, including the last of the runner and green beans from the garden.
Plum and custart tart for pud.

Making an onion and potato bake, which I'm going to have with panfried pork chops and apple in a cream and cider sauce. Should be good if all a bit beige

Chilli con carne with rice ... and some greengage jam/syrupy thing with vanilla icecream cos there's not enough room in the oven to get a crumble in.

^^ Macaroni cheese here too! Without the salad though! Probs do my usual combo of 2 rashers of danish bacon crisped under the grill. 1 slice of wholemeal toast Add bacon onto said toast and then pile on loads of macaroni cheese (has to be Heinz imho) Jesus its making me hungry just thinkin about it &)

Think I'll do that aubergine and mozarella dish I can never remember the name of... I have all the ingredients :D (i think)

Back
Top Bottom