Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Pasta with tomato sauce made from our home grown cherry toms. I really need some protein with that too, maybe a tin of tuna as I forgot to get anything out of the freezer.

How was Rules? I've often thought of going but the price puts me off.
Rules was lovely... I wasn't paying ;)

Their portions are generous, the staff are really nice, it's not stuffy like you might expect for a place that price - and all the food was delicious! Their meat and game especially, but even all the types of potato we had on the table (creamy mash, dauphinoise and chips!) were perfect. All the walls are covered with pictures, stag horns, posters from years gone by... I could spend hours in there :)

Erm.. tonight going to have a go at stuffed mushrooms, but not sure if the mushrooms should be cooked first? Some recipes say yes, some say no :hmm: :(

Supposed to be spag bol but I haven't checked if we have any 'spag' and the kids have only just had their lunch.

I plucked a bag of unidentified greeny brown stuff from the freezer last night and lo and behold it was a chickeny spinachy curry sort of thing. SO I had that for tea. Not bad, as it goes. Had it with bread because I couldn't be bothered with rice.

I was gonna do a Chipotle, mushroom, panchetta, creamy pasta thing but my back is killing me and I am knackered so some fresh baguette and cheese with a glass of vino it is.
Will do the dish tomorrow.

Take away pizza and a pint of this...

Image001.jpg

Real Ale made with amber malt extract, fuggles and cascade.

That looks nice Addy.
it is homebrew isn't it?

We've just ordered the ingredients for making our first batch of beer from scratch (rather than from a kit)

You can have the bol with any kind of pasta though. Or even just some bread dipped in imho :)
Indeed... we had massive shrooms stuffed with bol and topped with cheese last night :)

Baked spuds tonight... I might go all fancy with cream cheese and salmon or maybe tuna, or beans and cheese... oooh decisions, decisions :D

It's my boy's first day at big school <sniff> so I'm doing his fave - steak and chips, with broccoli. :cool: And I might make some Angel D for pudding. :D

It's my boy's first day at big school <sniff> so I'm doing his fave - steak and chips, with broccoli. :cool: And I might make some Angel D for pudding. :D

Did you take photos before he went? Took some of The Boy this morning, like every start of school year. He is now in Year 2. He was less nervous than I was.

Chilli for tea tonight. Boy is at his g'parents so we can have it spicy, as The Girl loves it.

Yes! Everything he had on was MASSIVE! :facepalm: His hands barely make it out of the blazer sleeves. :D

I didn't get to sleep till about three this morning (went to bed at eleven) cos I was doing sympathy nervous excitement. :rolleyes: I'm fucking knackered!

My daughter's just gone into Year 1 from reception, which is also a pretty big change, but that was entirely overshadowed by her brothers move, tbh :D (she's very laid back, luckily, whereas he's a bit stressy hehe).

Bless :)

Tonight I'll probably make some kind of quiche for me, the small one and he who must not be named and the middle boy can have egg and oven chips or summat.

We're having picnic things from M & S apparently, before we go to the open-air theatre. I hope there's enough. And that it doesn't piss it down.

Off this week with my eldest. Since getting back from Festinho we've cooked macaroni cheese, chocolate cake, chilli, caremelized leek, tomato and bread soup and apple crumble. Just about to make dough for tonight's pizzas.

Tonight it's stuffed peppers (with mozzarella & cous cous) with plenty of salad and tomorrow it's a qourn tagine again with cous cous.

I was going to make saag aloo but the spinach in the market was looking a bit ropey. I don't know if the baby spinach you get in supermarkets would work? It might be rather expensive anyway. May just opt for lamb keema instead.

I was going to make saag aloo but the spinach in the market was looking a bit ropey. I don't know if the baby spinach you get in supermarkets would work? It might be rather expensive anyway. May just opt for lamb keema instead.

Frozen spinach works well.

Back
Top Bottom