Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

soj - the cauldron mushroom burgers are nice if they have those!
The Tesco ones aren't too bad either, although they're a bit over salty, iirc... :hmm:

Spicy carrot soup - which I am hoping will be made edible as I didn't like the first lot (but had made double to freeze) by the addition of some coconut milk.

Followed by strawberries and yoghurt/cremefraiche....if I remember to buy some on the way home!

Ah, right, the season is October to December. I'll check where those butchers are, ta, and be in touch about tea.

Last nights rolled pork loin was really good, possibly equalled by the gravy. The crackling worked really well, I suppose the fat on the bottom of the roll never gets a chance to turn to crackling as its never exposed. Is there anything useful you can do with it, like render it for fat or add it to soup or stock for flavouring?
I was joshing about tea - bit too cheeky to invite myself over - but maybe we can tempt you out somewhere for a (meaty) curry or the like? :)

Tonight we've got baked/steamed chicken (never sure which it is... done in the oven, but in a little parcel, so stays moist), with asparagus and PSB (I am a convert sheo ;)).

A salad of hot smoked salmon fillet, jersey royals, green beans, cherry tomatoes and boiled egg.

Ringo - I like Scotch meats on Rosendale Road. Boarstall meats at the farmer's market on Sunday is also good.

A salad of hot smoked salmon fillet, jersey royals, green beans, cherry tomatoes and boiled egg.

Ringo - I like Scotch meats on Rosendale Road. Boarstall meats at the farmer's market on Sunday is also good.

Cheers, I'll add them to my list.

We had veggie chilli and rice.

I was joshing about tea - bit too cheeky to invite myself over - but maybe we can tempt you out somewhere for a (meaty) curry or the like? :)

Tonight we've got baked/steamed chicken (never sure which it is... done in the oven, but in a little parcel, so stays moist), with asparagus and PSB (I am a convert sheo ;)).

Heh, we'd have had you and your boy over, but a curry would be good. Maybe we shouod have a south London Surburban curry meet up at Khans. If the drug forum can manage it we should be able to :)

Thanks to diddlybiddly (cheese on toast thread) I have just been scoffing baked feta with garlic and chilli. NOM.

Just finished off a prawn and chicken saag, with biggish tiger prawns. Frozen ones, but really pretty good once shelled and perked up with a bit of garlic and chilli.

Polished off with some After Eights from the pound shop. The bastards have only gone and replaced the cushiony packaging layer on top of the mints with a thin strip of black paper. It's a corner cut too far.

last night I had spinach and cheese spatzle at a cool cafe - nice. followed by apple cake with ice cream AND squirty cream. nom.

tonight I shall cook something. fridge leftovers - involving cabbage :hmm:

Polished off with some After Eights from the pound shop. The bastards have only gone and replaced the cushiony packaging layer on top of the mints with a thin strip of black paper. It's a corner cut too far.

Were there extra mints in to make up for it?

Didn't have falafel in the end- went for goats cheese and roast pepper tart (shop bought, not brill but not shite), and did extra roast peps and mushrooms, and had it with mixed salad, potato salad, and extra bowl of beansprouts. Nom.

Tonight I have leftover mushrooms, so probably a spag bol with quorn mince.

I've not been to Scotch meats before, do like Borstall when I get down there though :)

Heh, we'd have had you and your boy over, but a curry would be good. Maybe we shouod have a south London Surburban curry meet up at Khans. If the drug forum can manage it we should be able to :)
Just felt a bit cheeky :D I reckon we can sort out a curry down at Khans though - what do you think MsT?

Thanks to diddlybiddly (cheese on toast thread) I have just been scoffing baked feta with garlic and chilli. NOM.
How was it?

I'm having a curry laters with a coupon I bought from groupon for £14. This gives £40 to spend on a 3 course meal for 2 at www.thehorseshoebar.co.uk

Our choices will be from the veggie selection and will include a paneer dish

ETA: I put in the link first for www.horseshoebar.co.uk in Glasgow which was my first pub I was officially taken to (and not sat outside with a pkt of crisps). I went there for my 16th birthday.

I don't know. Off to a nice restaurant - went a couple of years ago, and I had some wonderful sea bass. I'm really excited about it. I will report back tomorrow.

I started with salmon & crab fishcakes with a bit of salad & some lime mayonnaise, served on a hot slate. Then monkfish tails with a little cake made of butterbeans, tomato and chorizo - with chips. Couldn't resist a pudding so had the lemon & raspberry cheesecake. Wonderful food, and as we only go out a few times a year (and not at all since Christmas) it was a very pleasant dining experience all round.

We're having slow cooked chinese pork with spring onions and mushrooms. Rice and psb to go with (WOOHOOOO about being converted Biddly! :cool: :D ).

And then, for pudding (IF we get back in time :hmm: ) I'm making a rhubarb crumble cake with the rhubarb my bezzer gave me yesterday....will have it warm with clotted cream ice cream *dribble* :D

Something salady and summery. I've eaten steak and the like for the last three nights on the trot so need something a bit healthier. Plus if I'm eating outside watching the sun go down (which looks likely) you get to pretend you live in the Mediterranean. A bit.

Total win.

Feta is fine for lactose intolerance isn't it? I'll check obvs but if so I'm going to feed it to my lactose intolerant vegetarian sister. :cool:
:cool: I think feta over here is cows milk, but more expensive stuff might be sheep/goats - she'll be ok with that :)

Something salady and summery. I've eaten steak and the like for the last three nights on the trot so need something a bit healthier. Plus if I'm eating outside watching the sun go down (which looks likely) you get to pretend you live in the Mediterranean. A bit.
Hello :) how was your holibobs?

Bloody lovely Bee, ta. :) Glorious sunshine, loads of walking, loads of beer etc. In the unlikely event of me suddenly coming into several million quid I could gladly go and live over there.

Back
Top Bottom