Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

We were going to have beef jalfrezi but we've been out all day with the dog and ended up with chips for lunch so I might cook the curry tomorrow instead as the beef is defrosted.

Problem is I really wanted lamb shanks tomorrow so I could cook the curry tomorrow and warm it up Monday.

Hmmmm

Anyway-I've just eaten some Danish biscuits I got from the pound shop and there are some finest burgers in the fridge so I might have one of those later with loads of dijonnaise and salad.

Or just biscuits and beer.

Well, it was breakfast for Death Metal Magpie & Very Tall Lodger who are on night shift tonight and tea for Blind Lemon.

Home made pork and chilli burgers (well, long burgers to fit baguettes) with fried mushrooms and tomatoes.

Tea (which will be at about 4am when they get home) for Very Tall Lodger & Death Metal Magpie will be a big pot of sausage pasta. Pasta goes down best with the night shifters as it's good whether eaten cold straight from the pot or reheated in the microwave.

Well, blokes need feeding. They have hollow legs. Well Blind Lemon's legs have been full for quite some time and his stomach is full. I think I'm now filling his chest cavity.

Go mrsfran! Good to see you cooking again :)

Uh huh! That's ace that bit when the baby stops being *such* a baby that you can start doing *other things* again!!! :D

(Especially when the other things involve eating, tbf :oops: )

Thanks! Yeah, it is good :D It's lovely to do a "me" thing again. And on Monday baby will have her first taste of bread (toasted) and butter, and it will be home-made. I'll probably never make her home-made bread and butter again now, but for her first taste she gets the special treatment :)

Dirty rice - rice cooked with pork mince, chicken livers, prawns, celery, onions, garlic, chillis, etc. With PSB on the side.

Loaf!

5624781275_7b3ef55612.jpg

Well, blokes need feeding. They have hollow legs. Well Blind Lemon's legs have been full for quite some time and his stomach is full. I think I'm now filling his chest cavity.

:D

You've trained death metal magpie well btw. He complimented me on my tights the other day :cool:

:D Shut up, you tart! :D

How're you going with the MEAT? :cool:

(why did I have to capitalize it? WHY? WHY! MEEEEAAAAT! )

Ahem :hmm:

Given that he's chowing down on lamb shanks and toulouse sausages, I'd say he's very much an ex-vegetarian!

I am going to work shortly and have had a crap, can't be arsed, what's-in-the-fridge tea of a bit of cheese, a toasted bagel, some parma ham and a dollop of celeriac remoulade. I had some kimchi as well (which goes by the fetching name of horsetail radish).

I've had a minging pizza thing from subway :( and an egg mayo and plain crisp sandwich on white :)

That looks like a fine loaf, Mrs Fran :)
I've been up since 4.30 with baby-insomnia. I made mango muffins and they're quite yummy. So that's the pudding bit of tea done (it was breakfast too, tbf)
I'm deciding between beef stew with mash and greens or fish pie or eggplant lasagne. Have to go and get stuff for all of those so I think I'll decide when I get to the market based on what looks nice. It's gonna be stormy later so I'm veering towards stew for comfort.

Oooh, shopping in an HK market sounds so much more exciting that nipping to Sainsburys, which is where i'll be scoring tonight's as-yet-unplanned tea.

meat diaries? :hmm:

I wonder if I can wangle an invite to ringo's for tea :D

Just the 'Giving up being a vegetarian' thread :)

Yep, you should come for tea, bet we're not that far away.

Mrs R has requested a pork roast for tea so I've got a rolled pork loin from the same butchers in Wiltshire we got the sausages from on the way back from holiday. Doesn't look too hard to get the crackling right, can't remember what it tastes like though.

Haven't found many good butchers round Brixton/Camberwell, and where do you lot buy from? Haven't joined the queues at the organic butchers in east Dulwich yet, but am planning a trip to the farmers market at Oval and Borough Market.

There's meat at Brixton Farmers Market (Sundays) and Dombeys in the covered market isn't bad at all. Good sausages.

Cheers Mrs M, I've seen the Farmers market in Brixton but didn't know about Dombeys. Do they do venison sausages? Mrs R seems to have a thing about them and reckons I'll like them.

Oooh, shopping in an HK market sounds so much more exciting that nipping to Sainsburys, which is where i'll be scoring tonight's as-yet-unplanned tea.

It is quite good :)
You know what's really weird though? When I'm back in the UK these days and I go to the supermarket with mum, it feels as exciting and interesting as foreign supermarkets do when I go on holiday.

I'd also highly recommend the Colombian butchers in Granville Arcade. They do fantastic chorizo (not the cured sort, basically really big sausages).

I don't know. Off to a nice restaurant - went a couple of years ago, and I had some wonderful sea bass. I'm really excited about it. I will report back tomorrow.

hehehe :D

Just the 'Giving up being a vegetarian' thread :)
Ah, I've not ventured onto there.

Yep, you should come for tea, bet we're not that far away.

Mrs R has requested a pork roast for tea so I've got a rolled pork loin from the same butchers in Wiltshire we got the sausages from on the way back from holiday. Doesn't look too hard to get the crackling right, can't remember what it tastes like though.

Haven't found many good butchers round Brixton/Camberwell, and where do you lot buy from? Haven't joined the queues at the organic butchers in east Dulwich yet, but am planning a trip to the farmers market at Oval and Borough Market.
*gets diary out*

:D

I like Walters near Herne Hill station, because it's just down the road from us, and the farmers market. William Rose have a second shop which isn't as busy, round the corner opposite Dulwich hospital.

Cheers Mrs M, I've seen the Farmers market in Brixton but didn't know about Dombeys. Do they do venison sausages? Mrs R seems to have a thing about them and reckons I'll like them.
Vension has a season doesn't it, when you see the sausages around a lot more? (I think)

Back
Top Bottom