Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Oh and today I'm being naughty because it's Sunday dammit! Going to have steak, a small dollop of macaroni cheese and a huge pile of steamed cabbage :oops:

Spag bol with more bundles of psb....it is *THAT TIME* again.... :facepalm: :D .....lucky we all like it so much!

Fruit splits for pudding for them and the last pear for me.

I need to brave psb again after my bitter experience... might see if they've got some down the market :hmm:

This is what the boy will have for his pud :D

Defo do, b! The fresher you can get it the better. I had some not long ago from Sainsburys and it was also bitter and stringy and horrible. Nothing like *proper* psb, which is delicious. :cool:

ETA - Has he stopped dancing after last nights fudge sample, yet? :hmm:

I'm so glad I did the lamb shanks today, my dinner was amazing.

The lamb was in the oven all afternoon with rosemary, red onion, garlic, red wine and stock then I chucked some carrots in before the end. Roast spuds, green beans and broccoli and gravy from the juices.

And the shanks were only 3 quid.

We had a picnic in the park! Salmon and cream cheese sandwich on home-made bread, ready salted crisps and a pork pie :cool:

Pesto pasta for tea.

My mum cooked chicken, roast spuds / carrots / snips / onion, peas, cabbage, blockery, bread sauce, pigs in blankets and gravy. Fucking totally awesome!

Back home now for sofa and ciders ;)

Some soup I made the other day, broccoli, beetroot, tomato and a load of beet spinach and some other stuff I've probably forgotten. Really really nice actually, the quality of my vegetable soups can be a bit hit and miss.

*gets diary out*

:D

I like Walters near Herne Hill station, because it's just down the road from us, and the farmers market. William Rose have a second shop which isn't as busy, round the corner opposite Dulwich hospital.

Vension has a season doesn't it, when you see the sausages around a lot more? (I think)

Ah, right, the season is October to December. I'll check where those butchers are, ta, and be in touch about tea.

Last nights rolled pork loin was really good, possibly equalled by the gravy. The crackling worked really well, I suppose the fat on the bottom of the roll never gets a chance to turn to crackling as its never exposed. Is there anything useful you can do with it, like render it for fat or add it to soup or stock for flavouring?

I'm so glad I did the lamb shanks today, my dinner was amazing.

The lamb was in the oven all afternoon with rosemary, red onion, garlic, red wine and stock then I chucked some carrots in before the end. Roast spuds, green beans and broccoli and gravy from the juices.

And the shanks were only 3 quid.

Lamb shanks braised in red wine and stock is possibly my favourite meal ever. Soooooo nice.

Had a stonking mushroom + cheese frittata yesterday, that we had with a mixed salad, and I tossed some egg noodles in warm garlicky olive oil. Fuck me it were good.

Tonight, I fancy potato salad with chives and paprika, and beanburgers, but I cannot be ARSED to make them, so thinking of buying some from Tesco.

They look a bit crap tbh. Maybe I'll get the broccoli cheese and quorn escalopes. They look mildly more tempting.

was gonna have asparagus and lemongrass risotto, but I haven't been to the shops and the SUN is shining so might have to be something from a shop, in the park :) will think on...

i will be at work :( but have made mushroom pasta salad to take with me. tmw night tea will be booze and fags as the kids have just been packed off to Swansea with the ex for the remainder of the school holidays :) tonights pudding will be a small glass of wine or half pint of beer as i am on call :mad:

My daughter's off to a friends for the night and my son is having his friend over to stay, so they're having chicken dippers and oven chips and I'm having the spinach/green bean/cauli/tomato curry I made the other day, with the addition of some king prawns - and some toasted pitta bread.

Will chuck the boys a packet of Jaffa Cakes for their pudding. :D

Back
Top Bottom