Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Bloody lovely Bee, ta. :) Glorious sunshine, loads of walking, loads of beer etc. In the unlikely event of me suddenly coming into several million quid I could gladly go and live over there.
Sounds fantastic... and that pic you posted looks lovely. Was it far? :hmm:

We're down in September (will organise drinks/curry with you nearer the time ;)) but now thinking about a day trip? It's either that or the aquarium in Newquay :D

Sounds fantastic... and that pic you posted looks lovely. Was it far? :hmm:

We're down in September (will organise drinks/curry with you nearer the time ;)) but now thinking about a day trip? It's either that or the aquarium in Newquay :D

They're 28 miles off Lands End. You can see them from my house. You'll not get to see much on a daytrip but it's a good way to see if you like them. A lot of people do a daytrip one year and the next end up staying for a few days. The only downsides are it's difficult to do it really cheaply unless you camp and it's really dependent on the weather. There's only really the pubs if it chucks it down all the time you're there. Not the end of the world as the pubs are great but it'd be a very expensive pint. Get some good weather though and it's certainly the most beautiful bit of the British Isles I've ever seen. September is a good time to go - I went over there in Sept last year and the weather was great and not many other tourists there then. I'm thinking of going over sometime then this year too, finance etc permitting. I can categorically state that it's better than Newquay aquarium. :D Be lovely to meet up a for a curry while you're down this end. :)

They're 28 miles off Lands End. You can see them from my house. You'll not get to see much on a daytrip but it's a good way to see if you like them. A lot of people do a daytrip one year and the next end up staying for a few days. The only downsides are it's difficult to do it really cheaply unless you camp and it's really dependent on the weather. There's only really the pubs if it chucks it down all the time you're there. Not the end of the world as the pubs are great but it'd be a very expensive pint. Get some good weather though and it's certainly the most beautiful bit of the British Isles I've ever seen. September is a good time to go - I went over there in Sept last year and the weather was great and not many other tourists there then. I'm thinking of going over sometime then this year too, finance etc permitting. I can categorically state that it's better than Newquay aquarium. :D Be lovely to meet up a for a curry while you're down this end. :)
You know those people that get distracted by shiny things? I'm like that, but with sea life :oops: :D

Will have a think about the day trip thing :)

You know those people that get distracted by shiny things? I'm like that, but with sea life :oops: :D

Will have a think about the day trip thing :)

If you go to the Scillies you'll probably see seals, possibly dolphins, less possibly a porpoise and even less possibly a whale. I didn't see any of these this time (apart from one seal, briefly) but I did see a couple of puffins. Plenty of shiny sealife distraction possibilities there.

oooh, how do you make the chickpea cakes?

We're havin aloo chat followed by brocolli and egg curry now :)

mmm I love aloo chat!

Chickpea cakes - I had the idea when looking at bean burger recipies online yesterday so it's a bit of an experiement. I fried some onion garlic, ginger and chilli with some cumin put it in a bowl and then added the drained rinsed chickpeas and mashed them all up together. I also added a squeeze of lemon and salt & pepper at this stage. I intended to put some corriander but I forgot to pick it up!

Once mashed I made them into little round balls and them flattened them down. They are in the fridge at the mo, in a bit I'll give them a quick dusting with flour and toast them in a pan with no oil, rather than grilling cos I think it'll be quicker... Fingers crossed it'll taste ok!

Just felt a bit cheeky :D I reckon we can sort out a curry down at Khans though - what do you think MsT?

Deffo be up for that. Can't resist a Khan's and I can't make the Easter one due to work bollocks.

Not sure what to do tonight. Am shattered after night shifts (3 hours sleep today!) but it's so nice I am tempted by the pub, or Thai. Or we could have dim sum from the freezer. :hmm:

Unfortunately the garden is out of bounds due to a blocked (and smelly) drain. Dynorod are coming to blast water through it tomrrow hopefully.

Tortilla tonight, we're having roast potatoes and stuffing in the egg tho', usually have chips or pasta in it but we're trying to finish up Sunday's roast leftovers, + we're topping it off/folding it with avacado.

Looks messy/tasty.

spag bol in a restaurant....it was simple with carrot, celery and didnt have any garlic in it which is probably the old Italian way..... with cheesy garlic bread and a strawberry milkshake. A glass of wine for dessert (couldnt resist).

chickpea cakes were :cool: eating dinner at the park was :cool: :cool: silver foil is my new friend, kept the chickpea cakes and the pitta nice and toasty on the walk up there :)

yay! might try to make a park picnic tea tonight :)

didn't do the aloo chat last night. so it will be part of the picnic park tea tonight. picnic tea for one though :(

mmm I love aloo chat!

Chickpea cakes - I had the idea when looking at bean burger recipies online yesterday so it's a bit of an experiement. I fried some onion garlic, ginger and chilli with some cumin put it in a bowl and then added the drained rinsed chickpeas and mashed them all up together. I also added a squeeze of lemon and salt & pepper at this stage. I intended to put some corriander but I forgot to pick it up!

Once mashed I made them into little round balls and them flattened them down. They are in the fridge at the mo, in a bit I'll give them a quick dusting with flour and toast them in a pan with no oil, rather than grilling cos I think it'll be quicker... Fingers crossed it'll taste ok!

Sounds exactly like the falafel recipes I was looking at. Nom!

Tonight I am experimenting with Linda McCartneys mozzarella burgers. Pic on the packet looks fine. Pardner reckons they are massive fart material.

Them, on buns, with possibly dirty cheese singles, definitely with jalapeno relish and pickled chillis ont side, salad, and maybe some chips

I had a couple of baking potatoes which were sprouting, so did some partially cooked garlic/herb/paprika wedges last night ready to go back in the oven tonight, to have with *something*, for the kids.........fried eggs maybe? :hmm:
I've got the last portion of the delicious cauli/spinach/green bean/tomato curry, will add king prawns again and I have some LEFTOVER RICE to go with it.

And THEN another small helping (cos I froze almost half of it) of the OMG! :eek: :cool: rhubarb crumble cake with clotted cream ice cream. Yum, yum, yum!

Rhubarb crumble cake. :cool:

We had a bottle of rose in the pub last night, followed by dim sum - prawn and pork dumplings, deepfried prawns in filo, barbecue pork buns and kimchi dumplings, with three types of dipping sauce (soy and black vinegar, sweet chilli and ketchup mixed with chilli sauce and szechuan peppercorns).

Tonight I am going to try my hand at bulgogi (Korean marinated steak) if I can be arsed to get some very thinly sliced beef from Chinatown, which we will have with rice and kimchi.

Back
Top Bottom