Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Hmm...I think I'm gonna go for a nice, light pasta dish tonight. Maybe with mushrooms and bacon. White sauce with loads of fresh basil...mmm...

Heh, we'd have had you and your boy over, but a curry would be good. Maybe we shouod have a south London Surburban curry meet up at Khans. If the drug forum can manage it we should be able to :)

Deffo be up for that. Can't resist a Khan's and I can't make the Easter one due to work bollocks.

Right... I'll start a thread and maybe we can make this the 30 April one? :)
I've gone and done a thread, and missed out their bloody apostrophe: http://www.urban75.net/vbulletin/threads/347353-Post-wedding-offline-Curry-Khans-30-April-2011

Sounds exactly like the falafel recipes I was looking at. Nom!

They did taste a bit falafely but not as crunchy on the outside and healthier too cos not deep fried :)

Tonight i'm having smoked peppered mackrel with roasted chestnut mushrooms and garlic, mixed with lentils and a bit salad. Followed by another walk in the park. HEALTH.

Burgers, and mini burgers :cool:

I made 6 of each, some for tonight, some for lunch.. might have 2 big and 1 small or 1 big and 2 small.

FTW!!!!

Venison tortelloni in a red onion ragu.
Chargrilled mackerel with crushed new potatoes and green beans.

Thank you Brazas.

We are going to the Triangle.....
event_image1.php

images

..... :cool:

...and I've got some Maccy D vouchers, so we'll have a late lunch there after......so just toast for dinner, I reckon (although my son's friend might be staying the night, so he might get an egg with his :hmm: :D ).

Tonight I am experimenting with Linda McCartneys mozzarella burgers.

Wow - was really impressed with these, would deffo get them again. Made ace cheeseburgers :cool:

Tonight I am going to be making falafel for the first time, having them in pitta, with mixed salad and lashings of chardders :cool:

Venison tortelloni in a red onion ragu.
Chargrilled mackerel with crushed new potatoes and green beans.

Thank you Brazas.

Yum!

Korean beef was scrummy and very easy. Tonight will be asparagus and mushroom risotto, I reckon, with lashings of parmesan and some salad.

Spaghetti carbonara

Are you going to make it with smoked pancetta? The kind of pancetta that comes in slices like streaky bacon. God I love that.

Right - think I'm gonna experiment with halloumi over t'weekend too. All veggie systems are go :D

I have some in the freezer but as there's some free range bacon in the fridge which needs using up it'll have to be that this time.

Grilled halloumi is lovely, must get some in this weekend ready for picnics. Cheese that makes your teeth squeak has to be good.

This Fried Halluomi salad with Paprika is lush (here's a recipe). Like Ringo mentioned food that squeaks has to be a winner!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/jun/19/paprika-recipes-hugh-fearnley-whittingstall

I was involved with a money raising BBQ a few weeks ago. For the veggies I organised Hallumoni burgers with lettuce and tzatziki. These were massively popular - even with the meat eaters.

Nice one cheers :cool:

Yeh, my veggie mates get well pissed off when the meat eaters scoff loads of the veggie options at barbies!

This Fried Halluomi salad with Paprika is lush (here's a recipe). Like Ringo mentioned food that squeaks has to be a winner!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/jun/19/paprika-recipes-hugh-fearnley-whittingstall

I was involved with a money raising BBQ a few weeks ago. For the veggies I organised Hallumoni burgers with lettuce and tzatziki. These were massively popular - even with the meat eaters.

Good link, I've got a major thing for paprika at the moment and will making all 3 of those recipes.

I've had an obsession with paprika for a good few years now. Ever since I first used it in fact. Fucking wonderful stuff that livens up so many dishes :cool:

sojurner - I had to take the sign down as they were so popular. Then only when asked if there was a veggie option we served them.

The idea for the Hallumoni burgers came the day before when having a pub lunch - of an Hallumoni burger. In the pub as well as the Tzatziki and lettuce they were served with grilled pepper and mushrooms. I don't order any other dish when I go to that pub!

Reading HFW's piece on paprika certainly opened my eyes up to it. It's amazing how different a dish tastes if you use the regular paprika or the smoked stuff.

I've been using it more instead of chillis in some dishes since my littlun started eating grown up meals more often, but its so good I've been on the lookout for more recipes.

a not massively appetising looking asparagus, spinach and pea risotto from the m&s count on us range... but i can't be arsed cooking as am going out tonight!

Back
Top Bottom