Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I've got some Tesco vouchers to use up so taking bezzer and the kids out for a very late lunch at Cafe Rouge. Daughter is having a kids meal - sausage and chips and then a strawberry sundae, son will have steak and chips, no doubt (and a pudding if the vouchers'll stretch to it) and I'm currently trying to decide between lamb, lemon sole and bouillabase.... :hmm:

You reckon? I was actually going to make bouillabase for me and the boy when my daughter (and her anti-fish ways :mad: ) is at her friends on Monday :facepalm: but ok then, bob! Ok, I WILL! :D

I might get my bezzer to order it, too 'and errrrr....the fish stew, please....' :p :cool:

Would be OK without the aubergines... yeurch! ;) Enjoy the Rioja though!
Today is the better half's birthday so I have my orders - she wants goulash, so goulash is what she shall have. Might splash out on a Bordeaux too, mmm.

Ron you fucking weirdo - aubergines are LUSH! :cool: I actually drool at the thought of them :D

Beef goulash is it? I do love that.

Ron you fucking weirdo - aubergines are LUSH! :cool: I actually drool at the thought of them :D

Beef goulash is it? I do love that.

I might well be a fucking weirdo, but it's not because of not liking aubergines, thank you very much :p

It's goulash with lamb instead of beef. Much prefer lamb. We use that in spag bol too. Superior IMHO.

I might well be a fucking weirdo, but it's not because of not liking aubergines, thank you very much :p

It's goulash with lamb instead of beef. Much prefer lamb. We use that in spag bol too. Superior IMHO.

Hmmm...think I'd rather have very good beef in a goulash. I'm not coming round yours for tea then :p

I haven't had lamb for AAAAAGES now!

Right nearly hometime and winetime woohoo :cool:

Had the bouillabase! Not bad at all. :cool: Bezzer had killer period pains so didn't feel like eating anything hefty so she had a goats cheese salad and then ordered a white chocolate/vanilla ice cream/raspberry sorbet thing with strawberries and blueberries but had to rush off after about two mouthfulls cos she's off to Suffolk and it took a bit longer than we'd reckoned, so in the end I ate most of her pudding. :p
My son could've shared it too but he'd gone off to the bogs just before it arrived and didn't come back for about half an hour (having a shite :facepalm: ) so it was all gone, even though I ate it as slowly as I could without it all just melting into nothing....so I had to get him a Magnum on the way home to shut him up moaning. :D

I'm d/l'ing 'The spy next door' now for us to watch in a bit and son's just been to the shop to get a big pack of BBQ Doritos and some peanut M&M's to have with our film, so that's our actual DINNER TIME dinner. :cool:

We've got Lincolnshire sausages, mash, sage and onion stuffing, and onion gravy.

And today I had a £15 book token burning a hole in my pocket so I treated myself to Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets and tomorrow while Santino and baby are out at swimming lessons I am going to cook something for fun! I am excited!

Woo, mrsfran! :cool:

We are having Vietnamese summer rolls with superhot ginger and lime dipping sauce, pho and tarte au citron. I has been on cooking course :)

Took the mister out for his birthday, had mushroom rogan josh, tarka dal, bhindi bhaji, peshwari and some lime pickle. They brought Baileys (yeuch!) and wafer thin mints. I might burst.

LOL Sheo...did you go & look for him in the toilet?

Did I fuck! How would I have been able to justify eating all the ice cream, then? :p

No, tbf, my friend had left and I was sitting outside with my daughter so couldn't leave her etc....I knew what he was doing when he took so long anyway. :rolleyes:

Today we're having ribs, cauli cheese, baked potatoes and lots and lots of garden psb. Lemon sorbet for pudding. Was planning to do it as a late lunch but first I have to finish cleaning/tidying my daughter's mad pit of a room (lots of bits of toilet roll that she's used as leads for her teddies :hmm: and millions of beads/scraps of paper/feathers/mad shoe box/pop tin creations to clear up :( ), then some summer bulbs to put in to the beds (from the pound shop so prob dead :facepalm: ) and some pepper and aubergine seedlings to pot on.....so it'll prob be more like an early dinner.

I made some butter and I've now got a loaf of bread in the oven. I've also prepped some pommes boulangere to have with a roast chicken and sage and onion stuffing tonight. I like food.

Last night was lamb shank, mash and peas in a pub. Tonight is Toulouse sausages, dauphinoise potatoes and British aspergers.

Back
Top Bottom