Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Tonight's tea is going to be lamb curry and naan bread when I get back from yoga, but I've already eaten my lunch and I'm still hungry so I think I'll have a 'pre-tea' of steamed asparagus* with butter when I get in from work just to keep me going.

*British asparagus from Aldi, the first I've seen this year. It's asparagus time - yippee

Tonight is stir-fry pork with a packet soy and sesame sauce, with rice.

I like having my meals all planned for the week (although I haven't done it for months). You don't have to stick rigidly to the plan, it saves money, and you can think about how you're going to do this dish or that dish. More thinking about food!

I don't mind having a very loose plan, but the problem with me and plans is that the second I make them, I am compelled to change them. Have tried not to do this but it seems to be an integral part of my make up. Applies to all plans, for everything. Drives me fucking nuts.

I perfected the art of the baked potato last night & will be doing it again tonight.
Maybe i'm just a crap cook, but it's quite amazing how something so simple can so easily go wrong!

*British asparagus from Aldi, the first I've seen this year. It's asparagus time - yippee

I just bought two bunches from the greengrocer, who said it was very early this year, and a bumper crop so should be relatively cheap. Double yippee. I also got jersey royals and am told the broad beans will start soon. :cool:

Cauliflowers on the other hand, were a disaster this year due to very cold weather in December and January and so incredibly expensive.

it's on its way yeah. still not on top of cooking for the family every day but at least everything doesn't taste of cardboard any more :cool:

Ace about the appetite (and taste!), bob. :cool:

We had the cantonese chicken and corn soup I was going to do last night for lunch, so me and the girl are having toasted pitta with tara and hummus again. Son's at his friends for the night (so will probably eat NOTHING like last time :rolleyes: which is why I did the soup for lunch :D ).

I'm going to have 1.5 boiled eggs, 1 piece of chinese flavoured chicken, a small bit of spaghetti, a small portion of a baby leaf and apple salad and about 6 chips. My missus will have the exact same.

Gonna make a lovely Melanzane Parmiggiana tonight, with pesto fusilli, and a green salad, and a fair old bit of rioja :cool:

Would be OK without the aubergines... yeurch! ;) Enjoy the Rioja though!
Today is the better half's birthday so I have my orders - she wants goulash, so goulash is what she shall have. Might splash out on a Bordeaux too, mmm.

Back
Top Bottom