Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Gammon steaks on a bed of bulgar wheat with peas, leek and mint. Then raspberries with creme fraiche, if I remember to buy some on the way home!

Gammon steaks on a bed of bulgar wheat with peas, leek and mint. Then raspberries with creme fraiche, if I remember to buy some on the way home!

I got some salmon out of the freezer last night but I didn't know what to have with it.
But thanks to your post I'm going to serve it with couscous with peas, leek and mint - cheers QoG

Bolognese made, but now will be for tomorrow's dinner, as an old friend who's just moved back to Lytham from Ladbroke Grove has invited me out to dinner :cool:

Just had taleggio on toast with roasted cherry tomatoes and basil. Only took a few minutes to make.

Last night we had huevos rancheros. Tonight we'll be celebrating the start of a week's holiday with much wine and curry, once the littlun's play mate has been fed pizza and ice cream and dropped home.

wine - if they decide to serve me in Sainsburys :( Looking young may have its advantages, but not when it involves getting into arguments every time i just want to pick up a bottle of wine from the supermarkert :mad:)
And some cheese and olives
Have been eating constantly all day so am going to try and not stuff myself tonight just because it's 'dinner time'.

wine - if they decide to serve me in Sainsburys :( Looking young may have its advantages, but not when it involves getting into arguments every time i just want to pick up a bottle of wine from the supermarkert :mad:)

pick the youngest cashiers, everyone looks about 18 to the old dears (speaking as an old dear myself).

Chicken wrapped in bacon and stuffed with philadelphia, basil and garlic. A salad with that and at least four bottles of Old Crafty Hen, a lovely pint that's on offer and I got for free with me Tesco clubcard points. I cleared them out of it. :cool: Add a sunset to that and that 'no work for two days feeling' and all's well in the world. Fucking hell, I love this time of year. :)

We had the first bbq of the year yesterday. B-)

Ex's dad funeral was at half two but the kids didn't go (it was a non child affair in the end :hmm: ) so on the dot, we raised a glass to him (some organic herefordshire cider for me - him being a cider drinker himself and herefordshire being as near as I could find to worcs - and coke for the kids) and had Mr Blue Sky playing to see him on his way (he was ELO's NUMBER ONE FAN :D ). :cool:

And then we had jerk chicken legs, a miniscule steak (which was shared, too :facepalm: ), potato salad, beetroot, olives and baby plum tomatoes.

The kids had ice pops for pudding - I had wine.

Tonight I was going to do baked spuds with cheese and salad but we're off for a walk into town and I need o pick up a couple of bits of shopping so might get something else entirely. I REALLY fancy a dressed crab with some salad and nice bread.... :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom