Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

: D

We're having beef casserole with new potatoes and green beans.

I chucked some red wine, shallots and herbs in with the beef before we went out this morning. I'll put it in the oven in a bit on very low and add some stock and veg.

Can't wait, yum.

Layered Chicken (on the bone) biryani with roast potatoes and a mediterranean veg mix on the side today, gonna freeze the lamb from y/day (all the chicken was eaten).

I bloody love good food.

Mutton chop curry with some lime pickle chopped in. Quick and easy to prep; gonna let it get nicely cooked down now

We went out for lunch. I had moules followed by fish parmentier followed by roquefort and robluchon cheese. It was very nice.

For tea I will have cheese on toast.

Liver and bacon casserole with mash, mashed swede and carrots, cabbage, and leeks (I expect - some green vegetable, anyway), followed by home-made lemon tart. And red wine.

Last night we had tuna steak, broccoli, and roast spuds. The OH is pescetarian but I still want an occasional sunday roast, so we have tuna steak instead of meat. It was bloody lovely, and this time my oven co-operated (I think the thermostat has gone, strange things have been going on with my roast spuds recently wrt cooking times!)

Dunno, I've got a bit of leftover roast chicken from lunch yesterday (I *think* - DH might well have nommed it though) as well as 2 steaks that need eating today.
There may or may not be leftover red cabbage and mash from yesterday. Other than that, there's a horrible shortage of veg...was considering freezing the steak and making fricassee with the chicken. Or maybe I'll just boil the chicken up into a stock for soup later in the week. But the what can we eat with the steak? I'm not going to the shop cos I'm knackered. Maybe there's some veg in the freezer. What else can I do with leftover chicken?

Visted an old record collecting friend so it was several hours of top notch roots, ska and calypso followed by dal, spinach and tomato curry and rice with his family. Perfect.

i'm trying to think of something which isn't stir fry or soup and doesn't involve cheese :(

I was going to give a link to a Broccoli and Stilton soup yummy recepie which I made on Sunday - and I saw your no cheese comment.

If it's fresh broccoli I like it really simple - steamed so it's still crunchy and serve with lemon and salt.

I was going to give a link to a Broccoli and Stilton soup yummy recepie which I made on Sunday - and I saw your no cheese comment.

If it's fresh broccoli I like it really simple - steamed so it's still crunchy and serve with lemon and salt.

yea, it's for me AND crustyboy to eat so defintely no cheese

steamed broc is also great, but does not a main course make. i want it to be the star attraction but in a bigger dish....

Back
Top Bottom