Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Beef casserole - which wasn't all that good when we had it last week so I am hoping some time 'maturing' in the freezer may have improved it! - plus mashed potatoes.

Just me and our lass tonight, and she has put a request in, so we're on Aberdeen Angus burgers, with dirty cheese slices, on baps, with jalapeno relish, plus CHIPS and a nice healthy salad :D

Then a fuckton of choccy and an early night :cool:

Like the sound of feta and pomegranate salad. Saw a recipe for a block of baked feta the other day, looked lush :oops:

Like the sound of feta and pomegranate salad. Saw a recipe for a block of baked feta the other day, looked lush :oops:

Baked feta is lovely. Is that the Ottolenghi salad, Pip?

We are having sausage, fennel and white bean stew.

Still playing nurse maid to my mum which is actually alright and I et to go to a different supermarket and browse and drool over their good s :D
Tonight i'm making a beef, vegetable and noodle black bean sauce covered stir fry with blueberry muffins for pudding.
Yesterday i made an outstanding chicken, leek, mushroom and lemon pie with a puff pastry top which we followed with ice cream.
I could get used to this life :)

Recipe pretty please?

He used this recipe here and it was absolutely superb although he added 3 chopped green chillies to the marinade along with the other ingredients and it nearly took the top of my head off, and the green seasoning was from a jar that we bought in a local shop and it was fine using that but there's also a recipe on the same site for how to make your own if you prefer to do everything yourself from scratch. We used tilapia but any firm fleshed fish will do.

We ate all the fish but have loads of the sauce left over so I'm heating it up tonight and adding some more fish and some prawns so that's tonight's tea sorted too :)

Baby mint leaf, baby spinach, apple, avacado and spicy cheese salad, with black pepper + either meatballs or burgers. Still have some of my Mafia Numbers sauce with is wonderful with meatballs, but burgers are less fiddly tho' so prob' head down that road - gonna have a cpl of beers and some erb and see which appeals more to the palette when da cookin commence :cool:

Steak and Mediterranean salad...Satsuma for pud :( We've had Chinese meal two days in a row so reining it in a bit :)

Pork noodles worked well, not really that hard, but a new recipe for me :) had a cheeky bit of fudge for pud... had to quality check before giving it to anyone ;)

I think baked feta might be on the cards next week :D

Baked feta is lovely. Is that the Ottolenghi salad, Pip?

We are having sausage, fennel and white bean stew.

Kind of, I ripped it off from Angels and Gypsies (who I'm sure ripped it off from him) before I saw it in the book, and I prefer using mint to tarragon.

Just me and the boy and I'm doing a coconut curry with some of the balinese spice paste and some king prawns (we're making the most of the small girl not being here to indulge our fish/seafood habits). Rice and mange tout to go with it. Melon for pudding and a FRIDAY NIGHT/END OF TERM celebratory crunchie for him, too. :D

think we'll be having some kind of pasta peso affair since I managed to source some vegan pesto yesterday :) will add veg - mushrooms and I might go out to get some green things. I'm craving dark green vegetables at the moment!

Either aubergine/b/nut squash and chickpea thai green curry, OR a 3 bean chilli...quite fancy the chilli actually, with a fuckton of grated cheese over the top :cool:

Back
Top Bottom