Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

The 4 of us had BOGOF Firezza pizza.
One Gorgonzola and one capricosa (FUCKING SP? DRUNK)!!!
Every one but me in bed by 9 :(
Oh sorry, capitals!

freddo%20caramel.jpg

:cool:

Pretty much snap :D We're having Coquille St Jacques followed by millionaire's shortbread. We'll have the steak tomorrow as we both had to work till late so don't feel up to a full 3 course meal.

Oh and I nommed the chocolates on Saturday night when the boy was at a stag do :oops: :D

I quite fancied that but Mr. QofG's wanted scallops and butter, which were lush I have to say!

Not sure tonight, Mr.QofG's has to work late so I'm not cooking, well not for him, may be lazy and get a ready meal from Sainsburys or summat.

hmmm, last night we had beer and crisps :oops:

tonight I'm pretty sure I'm going to make a sweet potato and mushroom red thai curry... or, cauliflower and something indian-style curry.... decisions decisions...

Pork and leek pie. Gotta use up Sundays leftover pork.

It's a variation of the immense turkey and leek pie I done with leftover turkey.

The tarragon chicken I was supposed to do yesterday - and I've now got the tagliatelle and some mange tout and broccoli too (the small girl DID NOT LIKE PEAS! :D ) to go with it.

Got some strawberries ( and yes I KNOW THEY'RE OUT OF SEASON :p but once again it's to provide the small girl with a bit of a change in her lunch box!) that need using that I completely forgot about when I was making the milkshakes last night :facepalm: so another one tonight - posh vanilla/milk/banana/strawbs *slurp*

Some tuna spaghetti thing with lemon and basil and capers. Sounds I bit fucking odd if you ask me but hey, I'm just the cook... I'm meant to be making a cake too but might not have the time.

No idea now. Just found out my mum is being discharged from hospital today so have to go and stay with her for a while but want to save the perishables from my fridge: maybe something with puff pastry?

I am going to try and make swede and carrots interesting, something along the lines of roasted veggies, with quinoa and kale.

No idea now. Just found out my mum is being discharged from hospital today so have to go and stay with her for a while but want to save the perishables from my fridge: maybe something with puff pastry?

I didnt get home so a nip to the local shop provided us with breaded turkey escalops, new pot, broc and carrots with creamy yoghurts for pud and Chelsea buns for um... Second pudding? :D

Ended up having a Be Good to Yourself Lasagne, some Italian salad and a bit of french bread, all from Sainsburys. It was alright tbh, quite tasty.

We had a snack of chicken livers on toast earlier, and have just nom'd a load of dim sum for supper, *stuffed*

We had a snack of chicken livers on toast earlier, and have just nom'd a load of dim sum for supper, *stuffed*

that's pretty cool actually, I had half an apple turnover then boiled eggs and soldiers. which is a bit shit by comparison. oh well, good for you, i suppose!

Balinese slow-cooked pork, rice and broc.

Aaaaaaand, my daughter spilt her entire milkshake last night, having helped make it and only taking a couple of small sips :facepalm: and her brother and I had already finished ours so had none left to donate to her. She was very sad :( so I gave her some of my special MUM'S SUPPLY of Green and Blacks espresso choc and said we would make ANOTHER milkshake tonight :D so for the third day running, it'll be that for pudding :D but we have no bananas so were debating on the way to school this morning whether to leave the milk and ice cream out altogether and try making a slush puppy thing out of the frozen summer berries instead. :hmm:

Reet - toneet is the neet for spinach and ricotta tortellini, in a nice thick minestrone made with cabbage/onions/garlic/carrots/celery/passata/stock - fucking well NOM

Parmesan over the top, obv, and twixes and mint tea for afters :cool:

Last night was cold roast glazed gammon left over from Sunday.
Served with new potatoes and asparagus spears slathered in butter and black pepper.
Was delicious.

Tonight will be a pasta and pesto combo with anything in the fridge that need using :)

Back
Top Bottom