Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Waitrose valentine meal deal - steak & ale pies, rosti potatoes, spinach mornay, followed by chocolate souffles.

I like the commitment to the pie. Similar here, although it's the M&S version - camembert starter, sea bass, chocolate things and more chocolate.

Had a grand weekend of cooking for the MIL and assorted others, but it'll be grand to have just the two of us and a lazy night for a change.

Yep, that's the one. The nettle wrapper looks like a green marbled layer in surprisingly attractive fashion. Nice stuff, as was the jervaulx blue and Bath Soft. Trying out an all English cheeseboard for a bit of a change

That Bath Soft cheese is lovely.

Last night was fish pie with peas which was rather ace if I say so myself.

Tonight I fancy something Chinese, so maybe some steamed dumplings followed by a stir-fried chicken dish (haven't decided quite what yet) and some Asian greens in oyster sauce.

Another M&S deal here
Scallops, rump steak with peppercorn sauce, millionnaire's shortbread, chocolates and rose cava. Mr. QofG's is on cooking duty (he is much better at steaks than me, I always overcook them)

Last night was fish pie with peas which was rather ace if I say so myself.

Tonight I fancy something Chinese, so maybe some steamed dumplings followed by a stir-fried chicken dish (haven't decided quite what yet) and some Asian greens in oyster sauce.

Although having said that I have some nice beef fillet in the freezer and it is Valentine's day....

I was gonna do a nice thick minestrone with spinach and ricotta tortellini, but we had Tuscan bean and tomato soup yesterday and it's too similar.

So, as I have some spuds and aubergine that need using up, am gonna do a vegetable tagine tonight with plain couscous and chopped apricots.

Saturday I said I'd cook whatever the family wanted - they chose macaroni cheese :) I made a version with fresh spinach and mushroom sauce.

Sunday was little Valentines Higgedy Pies with pastry hearts on the top, roast potatoes & parsnips, steamed broccoli & sugar snap peas, Yorkshire Puds and gravy.

Mrs R's choice for Valentines dinner tonight is Heuvos Rancheros with refritos.

I'm not allowed to do pasta tonight as apparently I'm doing it tomorrow. First anyone told me about it :hmm:

Gonna do stirfry thingy with cabbage and noodles instead.

I've made home made steak and kidney pie, will have it with new potatoes and buttered carrots

182851_10150101514248340_592858339_6231694_6685680_s.jpg

Homemade Japanese curry with potatoes and onion and sticky rice

Delicious

There was Tofu as well but we dont talk about that stuff *twitches*

I cooked a valentines meal of burger, chips and beans. She loved it :)

Although I might pop down pub to watch football now.... :)

Another M&S deal here
Scallops, rump steak with peppercorn sauce, millionnaire's shortbread, chocolates and rose cava. Mr. QofG's is on cooking duty (he is much better at steaks than me, I always overcook them)

Pretty much snap :D We're having Coquille St Jacques followed by millionaire's shortbread. We'll have the steak tomorrow as we both had to work till late so don't feel up to a full 3 course meal.

Oh and I nommed the chocolates on Saturday night when the boy was at a stag do :oops: :D

We got the M&S deal so we're having rib eye steak, garlic mushrooms, green beans and chunky chips then chocolate melty puddings, red wine.

We did get some Camembert and tomato tarts but I might have those another day with salad for dinner rather than as a starter tonight.

We had the tarts as a starter because I forgot to tell my husband not to use them and he'd put them in the oven.

They were really nice, as was all of it. Lovely ribeye and gorgeous pudding. Yum.

A sharing platter of tempura vegetables and prawns, spring rolls and chicken satay skewers then green curry with prawns for me and a pork massaman curry for him. Was gorgeous and very stuffed now and himself is fast asleep!

a marmite and cheese sandwhich, and a can of coke at work, followed by a slice of melon when i got home at half 9.

the kids had lamb stew with heart shaped potato cakes which i made before i went to work. and pink cupcakes which they made with their dad for pud

the ex is currently asleep on my bed sleeping off a pink cupcake sugar hangover :D

Back
Top Bottom