Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

New yorkshire tin worked a treat - 6 jumbo sized puddings coming out perfectly. Still a mountain of beef left, but we got through lots of veg and spuds.

A little unpleasantly stuffed if the truth be told. I had stacked up the fridge for a cheese board (Cornish Yarg, a lovely super mature Welsh cheddar, some blue cheese from Yorkshire with a name that sounded a bit like (Ricky) Gervais and some Bath soft) and someone brought a pudding too. Would have been rude not to fit in both

Tomorrow must be a less gluttinous day

A quick stirfry of mushrooms, peppers, courgette, onions, garlic, ginger, chilli, coriander, cumin and fresh squeezed lemon juice - this made the onions all jammy. We had egg and noodles with it also. Happy tummy.

New yorkshire tin worked a treat - 6 jumbo sized puddings coming out perfectly. Still a mountain of beef left, but we got through lots of veg and spuds.

A little unpleasantly stuffed if the truth be told. I had stacked up the fridge for a cheese board (Cornish Yarg, a lovely super mature Welsh cheddar, some blue cheese from Yorkshire with a name that sounded a bit like (Ricky) Gervais and some Bath soft) and someone brought a pudding too. Would have been rude not to fit in both

Tomorrow must be a less gluttinous day

Mmmm. Yarg. :) Wrapped in nettles?

Yep, that's the one. The nettle wrapper looks like a green marbled layer in surprisingly attractive fashion. Nice stuff, as was the jervaulx blue and Bath Soft. Trying out an all English cheeseboard for a bit of a change

I had a chest freezer in my BEDROOM in my last place :D (still don't have it in my - much larger - kitchen here cos there's a proper sized built one, so now the *spare* freezer is in the downstairs room - and it's still in use :oops: ).

I've still got more celery soup to use up, so that for me... *sigh* Daughter's gone to yet another friend's for a sleepover (her life is a social whirl, I swear) andam getting my son sausage and chips from the chippy when we drop his friend off later (which is a bit mental cos they're just about to have a large plate of oven chips each now, too :facepalm: ).

Can you imagine getting broccoli with your sausage & chips from the chippy Sheo?....:D

Roast beef and all that guff today. I am going to make my own yorkshires though, which I haven't done since I was taught as a kid. : o

Can you imagine getting broccoli with your sausage & chips from the chippy Sheo?....:D

That's different! :mad: :p

I ended up having garlicky mushrooms on toast last night, followed by several packets of roast beef Monster Munch.

This morning I put the pulled pork on, so it should be falling apart by the time the kids get back. We're having it with homemade garlic bread and asparagus - which is a bit weird, tbf :hmm: :D - but I'm looking forwards to it even so!
Although actually, we'll probably just have the asparagus as a starter and then have the pork and garlic bread along with some cucumber, cress and mayo.

I REALLY fancy a nice, stodgy, hot pudding too, but I can't be arsed to make anything and I've only got ice cream and frozen berries in the freezer.... :-(

Last night was amazing 'snack's dinner' at a friends...we started with salami, camembert, foccacia strips, water biscuits, three types of humous and green olives, followed by a selection of various dishes: steak strips in soy sauce, two types of ravioli: pumpkin and spinach and ricotta, and a walnut and watercress salad. Accompanied by loads of wine. And when I came home later I also wolfed down a bowl of (cheap) beef noodles.

Tonights dinner will be spiralli pasta with tuna and black olive bolognese - a quick pot was cooked the other night

That's different! :mad: :p

Face it Sheo...chippies don't seve broccoli with chips cos it's a well weird combination. I once got served a cheese & vegetable toasted sandwhich that came with lil broccoli florets sticking out of it....I had to send it back as it had no place being there. I was expecting peppers, onions...that sort of vegetable....:D

Heston's spinach and 3 mushroom pie from Waitrose, boiled new spuds, roasted carrots and tomatoes, peas.
Ice cream with a Gu choc pot melted and poured over the top.

*belch*

Santino made an excellent chicken, pancetta and leek pie with mash and green beans. It was ace. And he made an F - shape out of the leftover pastry and decorated the top of the pie with it for me :)

comfort foods of tomato soup and poppyseed rolls; maybe pizza and salad and garlic mushrooms after. and scones with cream and jam, from the tramp's buffet section of sainsburys :)
aw at your pie, mres fran :)

i was at work so i took salad in ,made from a red onion, half a cucumber , a green pepper and a yellow pepper, all cubed and mixed together with a teeny bit of chilli oil and some chopped spring onions.

last night, we went out, for pizza :cool: tonight, we have *nothing* in the house (again) so it's the shops for me... although I quite fancy a sweet potato and mushroom thai red curry, so maybe that....

Chicken in a creamy tarragon sauce. Was going to have it with tagliatelle, but my son's off school ill so won't have a chance to get any and somehow spaghetti doesn't feel right ( :confused: :hmm: ) so might do some rice.
Also means that there're only peas as a veg option, which my daughter doesn't like :rolleyes: but she's going to have to make do, I think!
Ice cream milkshakes for pudding (banana and frozen berries). :cool:

We got the M&S deal so we're having rib eye steak, garlic mushrooms, green beans and chunky chips then chocolate melty puddings, red wine.

We did get some Camembert and tomato tarts but I might have those another day with salad for dinner rather than as a starter tonight.

Back
Top Bottom