Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

More curry, all cooked yesterday. May make an dal to accompany it if I can be arsed, but minimal effort so that we can clean down the house for MIL visit. The convenience of just turning the rice cooker on and reheating things appeals.

So it's more Paneer Makhani and (loosely) a chicken madras. With lashings of roti and plenty of chutneys.

Last night was a mega-hot Mexican bean soup with noodles and tonight will be a Fettucini Alfredo (cos it was really nice) with steamed spinach and peas on the side

And lots of wine after a fucking ridiculously busy day

Mostly aye, sheo, but did eat a lot of veggie stuff anyway.

Me significant UTHER is veggie, and it's just easier to cook veggie stuff all the time. Still have the odd bacon butty, meat n tatie pie, saussie n egg butty, but am making such stonking veggie food anyway that I'm not missing meat :)

Hmmm not sure about tonight, no left overs to heat up and can't be arsed to cook anything... There's a chicken kiev in the freezer ;)

mmmm nom nom just eating some rye bread with a Russian spread made with cream and carp roe its brilliant one of my favourite foods over here.

just having brekkie, but its tea time so i hope i qualify!

brekkie.jpg

two toasted ham sandwiches, 3/4 pint of tea and pint of oj :D

Chip shop chips then two scoops of ice cream. And a cup of hot chocolate. I'll attempt to replenish the vitamins that my body is missing tomorrow.

Tonight I had chicken and mushroom stir fry, my darling fiancée cooked for me. It was the dogs bollox the fat fucker I am I ate the lot and it was supposed to feed 4 hahaha nom nom nom :)

Last night's braised Chinese five-spice pork chops were the biz. Served with brown jasmine rice (surprisingly nice) and stir-fried cauliflower with rice wine.

Tonight - vinegar-glazed chicken, I reckon.

Sausages and mash, onion gravy (with marsala probably). And the biggest head of broccoli I could find. Dal, rice and roti for lunch, with a little paneer extra.

Like the sound of 5-spice braised ribs Ms T. Would like the recipe, but tbh it's going to have a hard time dislodging other faves from the repertoire - there's something a bit too tempting about a mound of sticky ribs to demolish.

These homemade roti, or have you found a source for the ones you were mentioning tarannau?

Macaroni cheese last night was lush - ta ringo - adding cayenne (and cream!) was something I wouldn't have done, but was needed. Left overs tonight with a few chipolatas :)

what is it you're performing, soj? i seem to remember you'd just started doing something that sounded tremendously impressive :cool:

Poetry - wouldn't say it's tremendously impressive, but it's a fucking HUGE buzz to perform your own poems in front of your peers, and to have them actually really like your stuff :D:D

Poetry - wouldn't say it's tremendously impressive, but it's a fucking HUGE buzz to perform your own poems in front of your peers, and to have them actually really like your stuff :D:D

as it happens I'm going to a poetry slam thing tonight myself... a friend of mine is performing there. you're not in Berlin are you soj?! :eek: that would be :cool:

oh, and tonight for tea I have just had (early tea/late lunch) quinoa with spicy chickpeas and tomato. later I will have lager and fags :)

as it happens I'm going to a poetry slam thing tonight myself... a friend of mine is performing there. you're not in Berlin are you soj?! :eek: that would be :cool:

Haha no I'm not in Berlin, but I agree, it would be :cool:

Ah no, don't do slams, not yet. Just open mic nights for now - they're free, you have to bloody PAY to enter slams!! :mad:

Have a great night :D As predicted, I am now starting to shit myself heh

Oh, and I too will be on lager and fags!

Pizza fritata which had bacon cheese and sun dried tomatoes in. It was the first truly joint cooking effort by me and the boy. Ice cream fo pudding again.

My son's bezzer is staying tonight so they're having hotdogs, daughter is eating at a friends and I'll have either celery soup or beans on toast.

BUT I'm also making a batch of Balinese spice mix then splitting a pork shoulder and doing some Balinese slow-cooked pork in the slow cooker to go in the freezer and a dry rub for the rest to do pulled pork on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom