Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Sorry sheo- i have to report retrospectively as i didnt know what we'd est until we ate it!
It was Harissa chicken with giant cous cous, chickpeas, roasted red peppers and red onions with steamed tenderstem broccoli.
Hot cross bun bread and butter pudding for... um.... Pudding :D

meh baked spud and meh vegetables, but followed by a magnificent wimberry pie and ice cream.

Defrosted some of the left over chilli from last week and had it in wraps with home made salsa, sour cream, cheese and jalepenos. Very much WIN!

*wonders what a wimberry is*

Not home til gone 10, so no idea. Won't want to cook, but no idea what I pass on the way home :hmm:

*wonders what a wimberry is*

I think they're called bilberries outside of t'North. Some bakeries here sell them, usually as individual, very deep pies filled with tangy, almost black berries that make your tongue purple. :D

last night I was lazy so the boy made pasta with hot red pepper sauce. it was tasty :cool:

tonight I really don't know as I just *have* to go to the shops now. we're out of almost everything!

Complete disaster. Did a vegetable and marinated tofu stir fry with basmati rice. Unfortunately the black bean sauce I bought in the Chinese supermarket was so salty it was inedible. I managed 5 mouthfuls and started gagging. Mrs R managed one mouthful. Then the roof of my mouth dried out and went crinkly and I threw it all in the bin and ordered pizza.

Baked spud tonight with beans and cottage cheese.

I think they're called bilberries outside of t'North. Some bakeries here sell them, usually as individual, very deep pies filled with tangy, almost black berries that make your tongue purple. :D
I'm having a deja vu - I've got a feeling I've asked you about them before :D

Tonight I'm having macaroni cheese a la leith with onions and bacon :cool:

ONIONS, ONIONS, ONIONS!!!!! :D

foamy - I'll let you off just this once.

ringo - WAS IT a sauce? Or was it a jar of black bean paste, or whatever (in which case you'd use it as an ingredient for a sauce, rather than the sauce itself, iyswim :hmm: )?

Well I pretty much said mine yesterday I think, but bezzer's coming over so we'll probably all have beans on toast, except for the boy who doesn't like them, but did like the mouthful of my lentil and mushroom lasagne he tried last night, so he can have the rest of that with some veg. I might make some celery soup too, so there's another *not very exciting* :D option.

Got a Tesco delivery coming too though with a couple of pieces of blueberry and almond tart, so we'll share those between the four of us too (wooHOOO! :rolleyes: I just KNOW my bezzer's going to complain, but that's ok cos she will have eaten half the nuts in the house by then anyway, so I can easily justify the stingy portions :p )

Hehe! :D ((((( our friends :( )))))

Mind you, you made your DELICIOUS sounding goat feast when YOUR friend was round the other day! You've LET ME DOWN, Pip! :(

We wouldn't have time to eat anything more exiting than that anyway (even if I was offering, which I'm not :cool: ), cos she's gotta crack on with dyeing my hair! :p

Hehe! :D ((((( our friends :( )))))

Mind you, you made your DELICIOUS sounding goat feast when YOUR friend was round the other day! You've LET ME DOWN, Pip! :(

We wouldn't have time to eat anything more exiting than that anyway (even if I was offering, which I'm not :cool: ), cos she's gotta crack on with dyeing my hair! :p

After she said 'no, I hate goat, hate it, there's definitely no way I am letting goat pass my lips'.

Yeah, ok, Pip - fair do's :cool: :D
'Fucking maccy d's on the way home then, ya fussy slag!' :p

She liked it in the end though, eh! :D

My bezzer has texted and said 'lentil lasagne be fine, OR beans, just NOT dhal please :) '....so I've replied 'Ok, dhal it is B-) ' :p

Last night we had quinoa and nuts and things from a recipe in Saturday's Guardian and it was so very good that I might have the same again tonight. I don't have any kale left but I shall improvise.

I feel like shit today, and am off work, but if I can be fucked, we are having Chinese-style pork chops with jasmine rice and possibly some kind of veg side dish.

ringo - WAS IT a sauce? Or was it a jar of black bean paste, or whatever (in which case you'd use it as an ingredient for a sauce, rather than the sauce itself, iyswim :hmm: )?

Ringo - those beans need soaking for a while and a few changes of water before making a sauce ;)

I dunno, it was all in Chinese! Anyway it was a jar, not proper beans.

It might just be possible I bolloxed it up and put a whole jar of paste in, but obviously when Mrs R suggested that might be how I ruined dinner I denied it emphatically and only just managed to resist looking hurt at the suggestion :D

I dunno, it was all in Chinese! Anyway it was a jar, not proper beans.

It might just be possible I bolloxed it up and put a whole jar of paste in, but obviously when Mrs R suggested that might be how I ruined dinner I denied it emphatically and only just managed to resist looking hurt at the suggestion :D
Ah :D ok, if it's paste then a tablespoon or do will do ;)

I need fruit pie, really quite badly :oops: so tonights tea will be something followed by the nicest looking pie I can find at M&S after work :oops:

Back
Top Bottom