Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I bought some ready made pizza dough the other day (yeah, yeah, I know) so tonight will be pizza with chorizo and lots of garlic and basil leaves and errr.....whatever else I can chuck on it and I'll do something with some potatoes and it'll be served with a big salad with a lovely raw garlic dressing (can you tell I'm craving garlic?}

I'm having a Indian curry....place near to me has been re-furbed and we think has a new chef so we are goin to try it out again.

8.30pm is popadum time!

Me and the other half aren't supposed to have anything that makes our cholesterol levels worse and apparently we can have as many walnuts as we like so I use walnut oil a lot. It's very light and goes a long way.

May or may not be a daft question - does it taste of walnuts?

No, I can't say it does really, but things cooked in it are delicious. It's a very light oil. I also like it in dressings where extra virgin olive oil would swamp a delicate flavour.

not an issue for you as it's for your own use, but every now and then i come across a restaurant that cooks with walnut oil, and being allergic to walnuts, it's led to some pretty horrible evenings!

We're either having tuna burgers with salsa and a big salad, maybe some cous cous or haddock with cabbage and greens, spring onions maybe too...

Last night was a M&S steak pie with broccoli, the last of the floppy carrots and sweet potato mash (with allspice and nutmeg). Proper Gravy by Herself.

Tonight: GOULASH! And wine. Lots of wine.

Tonight's tea will be meatballs made with mince and the meat from some spanish sausages I found in the freezer. In a tomato and red wine sauce and served with pasta.
I've been given some bramleys so I might make an apple crumble for pud.

Higgety quiche, saffron braised potatoes and tomatoes, peas and sweetcorn. Baguette.

Not sure about tonight, maybe the pasta bake from Jamie Olivers Italy book as it got a mention in the Observer top 50 and I like it.

We're going to have a roast. :cool:

I say that but it's only chicken thighs but anyway :D those with roast potatoes, carrots, broc, french beans and gravy and I'm going to do yorkshires too (even though it's chicken :p ) because I haven't made any for yonks and I really fancy one. :cool:

I really want an apple crumble for pudding too, but that'd mean having to go to the shop and I don't think I can be fucked. :mad:

I don't know... I forgot to take sausages or mince out the freezer, so not kheema matar or sausage and chips :(

Could make sag aloo, but that isn't much of a main meal... can't think of anything else though.

I have new potatoes, a bit of broccoli, onions, peppers, runner beans and bog standard cupboard stuff.

Maybe sag aloo with sneaky broccoli added and a dahl? That sounds ok doesn't it?

Actually - stupid me - have just realised I've got a shit ton of bananas I need to use (I'd mistakenly ordered two 1.5 kilo packs, instead of two single bananas, with my shop the other week :facepalm: ) and have just found quite a nice looking recipe for a 'banana bread cobbler' so that'll do! :D

Something with leftover pork, pepper, courgettes and baby sweetcorn. Probably some kind of curried thing.

I don't know... I forgot to take sausages or mince out the freezer, so not kheema matar or sausage and chips :(

Could make sag aloo, but that isn't much of a main meal... can't think of anything else though.

I have new potatoes, a bit of broccoli, onions, peppers, runner beans and bog standard cupboard stuff.

Maybe sag aloo with sneaky broccoli added and a dahl? That sounds ok doesn't it?
Sag aloo and cauliflower cheese :)

blimey - feels like I haven't cooked in yonks... and tonight is no different.... am off to bookclub to be catered for by my friend who's a very good cook. i'm hoping there will be greengage crumble for pud :)

OK, I am gonna make a pasta sauce with a can of chopped toms, a few fresh toms chopped, a load of chestnut mushrooms, onion, garlic, fresh basil. Probably a bit of Worcester Sauce.
Is there anything else simple that I am likely to have in the cupboard that will make this tastier?

Oh its gonna be served on fresh tagliatelle with parmasan.

gonna try and adapt this famous simon hopkinson recipe for roast chicken
i shall have peas, brocolli, cauliflower and carrots with it.
i'm not sure i can be bothered with potatoes. my basket was full in the supermarket, so i didn't buy any.

Goat cheese and spinach empanadas, field mushroom stuffed with tomato and cheese, boiled new spuds, carrots and peas *pop*

Weird double post.

I hadn't even finished typing and it posted it with out taking me back to the thread so I didn't even know it has posted!
:confused:

Back
Top Bottom