Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I'm making a hot quorn curry with spinach & peppers and big chunky pieces of onion. Having it with basmati rice and mango chutney.

I've gone with beetroot risotto with toasted pecans, homemade goats cheese and sweet chilli and mango bread :)

Last night was a big old Oakham chicken leg, roasted, with salad.

Tonight: massive spag bol à la Merlin, with added stuff that needs eating sharpish - shrooms, celery and those old floppy carrots lurking at the bottom of the fridge. Might lay off the wine and beer for a night. Guts in chaos, urgh.

I did a three-bean chilli con carne (to stretch the small amount of pork I had) and rice. The three types of bean were butter beans, cannellini beans & kidney beans. It fed four people.

Roasted field mushrooms with roasted garlic, sugar snap peas, baby corn, and mushroom+plain couscous

And obviously lashings of red wine, given it's Freeday :cool:

Spag bol. I've done what I always do when I'm on my own and eaten a veggie diet for the last week. Not through choice but by stupidity. Now I feel shit. I'm going to go on a red meat binge.

We've got frying steak and some frozen mediterranean veg and potatoes from Marks. Never had either so it could be great or it could be awful. Who knows? :D

I heard someone on the radio talking about putting lime juice on tomatoes and everyone raving about how it tasted so I shall try that out with summat else. I haven't been down the market today so I'll see what's on offer that would work with that.

eta
Smoked mackerel is very good with a 50:50 horseradish and lime juice dressing so maybe that in a rice salad or something with crusty bread.

mmmm, am driving up to Leeds straight from work so it'll be a quick cream cheese bagel from work followed by crisps and chocolate and coffee from a service station, followed by buckets of cider when I arrive. hooray!

I didn't get round to the spag bol due to phone fuckery so we had fish and chips instead. I didn't get round to having lunch so it won't be so bad calorie wise :)

I heard someone on the radio talking about putting lime juice on tomatoes and everyone raving about how it tasted so I shall try that out with summat else. I haven't been down the market today so I'll see what's on offer that would work with that.

eta
Smoked mackerel is very good with a 50:50 horseradish and lime juice dressing so maybe that in a rice salad or something with crusty bread.

Not what I ended up cooking at all! I got chorizo Colombiano & plantains from the market, made some rice and peas (Jamaican stylee) cut some tomatoes in half drizzled with a bit of walnut oil and flaked chillies on top and did them in the oven with the chorizo (but not in the same tin) and did a coleslaw with red cabbage, carrots and red onion and then discovered my son had had all the mayo (no eggs either so I couldn't even make my own) so I stirred in cottage cheese and the juice of a lime and it was actually very good. I sliced and fried the plantain in walnut oil. Me and the other half aren't supposed to have anything that makes our cholesterol levels worse and apparently we can have as many walnuts as we like so I use walnut oil a lot. It's very light and goes a long way.

Back
Top Bottom