Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Tonight I will make the flan I was supposed to make yesterday and as I have to go out* to buy cream for it I will also buy the pastry, lazy slattern that I am.

*I'm putting this bit off as I haven't been out the house for a few days and I'm a bit anxious now :D :facepalm:

Last night - ownsome lonesome venison burger with pickled dill cucumber, red onion relish mayo and lettuce. Lush and messy.

Tonight She returns, along with my cooking mojo. This will mean Welsh lamb loin chops (fat and juicy!), sweet potato mash with allspice and nutmeg, and some other veg. Gravy by Her. WINE by the corner shop - Cabernet Merlot again.

I've taken some beef mince out of the freezer but I'm not sure what to do with it. I need to be low GI for the time being, so no pasta, rice, potatoes or bread. And I don't fancy burgers.

So. Hmm. Dunno. Suggestions welcome.

I've taken some beef mince out of the freezer but I'm not sure what to do with it. I need to be low GI for the time being, so no pasta, rice, potatoes or bread. And I don't fancy burgers.

So. Hmm. Dunno. Suggestions welcome.

How about a nice spiced kebab to have with a bulghur wheat/tomato/coriander/mint/whatever salad?

I've taken some beef and red wine casserole out of the freezer, so that with beans from the garden....with mashed sweet potato for me and rice for the kids.

We have one (LARGE) belgian waffle left, so will share that into three to have with some maple syrup and ice cream and the latest of the ripe strawbs (prob about two each then :D ). :cool:

Don't know GI, but GL wise (which is, if anything, an even better measure) good! Not quite so good as quinoa, but better than couscous. Iirc - 45 grams is a serving, but might be more :hmm: - will check!

ETA - Yup 45g (ftr, for comparison to whatever you have listed iyswim - quinoa would be 65, pearl barley 45, wholemeal pasta 40, brown rice 35, brown basmati 45, white pasta 25-35, couscous/white rice 25).

I'm having a balsamic onion tart that was reduced in Waitrose. Will feed me & BF tonight & tomorrow. Will be having it with jacket potato & lots of salad.

Pork chops, mash and veg. With gravy. And apple sauce if I can find a jar amongst the 30* or so opened ones in the fridge that hasn't gone off. :rolleyes:

* Perhaps a 'slight' exaggeration. :hmm:

I boiled the runner beans dry and set fire to the tea towel.

*wonders if it's time for meals on wheels*

Burgers I think - aberdeen angus for the kids (only got one left but it's huge and she won't eat that much, so they can share.... :p @ son ) and a vege one for me - with mustard, lettuce and mayo, ketchup and a cheese slice.

If there's any soup left I'll be finishing that, with some hefty slices of buttered small farmhouse loaf

If not, possibly chip butties

My mate popped in on his way to the pub and gave me a container of Thai Curry that was left over from what he'd made the night before.
He's a good cook, so this evening will be lush food time :)

Herself getting in late yesterday meant no lamb chop-and-mash-and-wine extravaganza, bah. Bloody meal for one curry. Why do they always taste of metal?

TONIGHT will be the Welsh lamb loin chops, sweet potato mash, other veg, Proper Gravy and wine. Hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom