Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

No tea tonight. There's no-one home except for me so I don't have to do anything. Hurrah! I am on a diet of painkillers and whisky for my toothache anyway.

It was just me for the first time in aaaages last night, so I fucked the dinner off and ended up having beer and fags followed by roast beef monster munch and oatcakes with cheddar, anchovies and avocado ( :confused: :hmm: ), so tonight is the steak and Vietnamese salad.

I've got pasta left over from last night and cheese sauce leftover from the night before so pasta and cheese sauce it is, with fucktons of salad :cool:

After weeks of endless beans and cheese on toast, we splashed out on fillet steak. With proper home-made chips, thick sliced field mushrooms and baby plum tomatoes cooked in the steak juices and steamed broccoli introduced to the pan just before serving. Sprinkle of salt on the chips and broccoli, generous grinding of black pepper on the mushrooms and steak, tomatoes left to speak for themselves.

Indescribably good nomness. Real food is great. :cool:

I have my first aubergine ready to pick :cool: and a few pathetic courgettes :( so going to do something with them...possibly griddled and then into a lemon juice/olive oil/garlic dressing with some coriander to have with some bulghur wheat.

Sheo, I don't really like corgettes but I saw this recipe and thought it looked nice, I might give them another go.

Tonight I will be trying to make tuna burgers. Yup.

I noticed I have runner beans ready to pick and I also picked loads of cherry tomatoes so tonight it will be goats cheese and cherry tomato flan with new potatoes (which I will have to dig :mad:) and runner beans.

The only thing that won't be home grown will be the pastry and I'm even going to make my own pastry :eek:

Lentils with tomatoes and olives and stuff with salmon topped with a bit of pesto.

Back on lentils to try to lose weight, following week-long orgy of cheese and bread last week on holiday.

tonight is an indian takeaway - really fancy it tonight :)

pudding will be something from the fridge, I'm sure I bought some nectarines but I can't see them :hmm:

I can't be arsed either. Fuck digging potatoes, picking beans and making pastry. I'm having pizza and salad.

what kind of curry do I want? Normally have something hot, or a pathia, but I don't fancy those - help! I don't know what to have!

Back from sunny Stoke and Chinese takeaway here too. Reassuringly gloopy rubbish really, but throughly enjoyed it. Stuffed, but still shovelling prawns crackers into my gob for some reason. Yum

I couldn't be arsed either :D so just chucked all the veg into a roasting tin with some red pepper, red onion and sweet potato and ate it with some goats cheese dumped on top. And then I had a boiled egg. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom