Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Got some nice Cyprus potatoes from the fruit/veg shop in Herne Hill. Not sure if they are well suited to baking but are in the oven cooking.

The obvious choice is cheese (ON FIRST OF COURSE) and beans but have other options:

A whole roast BBQ chicken
Some big mushroom (garlic/butter maybe)
Tiger prawns
Tuna

Hard to decide ^

Have salad for the side.

tonight was using things up - so we had a kind of beef bourguignon, with mash spuds and veggies - was fucking lush :cool:

We had burgers, oven chips and posh baked beans (a tin of blackeye beans mixed with some passata).

ooh everyone is having lazy unhealthy teas - i don't feel too bad about mine:
a garlic bread with cheese
a pizza with mozz and pesto
5 butter toffee cookies
5 white chocolate cookies
salad and grapes

What oven chips do you use? I have yet to find any that are edible. :(

Waitrose, of course :rolleyes:

Actually, they were the first pre-made (frozen) oven chips I've had in a very long time. They weren't a patch on my own, which are so easy to make (peel potato, cut into chips, toss in oil and salt, bake for 20 mins) I don't really see the point in frozen ones. I won't be rushing to finish off the bag.

Waitrose, of course :rolleyes:

Actually, they were the first pre-made (frozen) oven chips I've had in a very long time. They weren't a patch on my own, which are so easy to make (peel potato, cut into chips, toss in oil and salt, bake for 20 mins) I don't really see the point in frozen ones. I won't be rushing to finish off the bag.

the same way miss fran does it, but i sometimes dust them with paprika first

Thank you. I'll give them a go. :)

I've failed to cook liver and bacon for the last two nights. Yesterday neither of the supermarkets near me had lamb's liver and today after buying it from the butcher, I ended up going to the pub and coming back too late to start cooking anything.

I'm definitely doing it tomorrow.

erm, not too bad if you don't add wine :oops: but if you like steak then it's well worth a stop - the chef knows what he's doing - and Argentinian cows don't half taste good!

Go on payday (or the day you get your redundancy pay out ;));.

Yes bajjy you will

Not sure what's for tea tonight. Possibly pasta and sauce of some kind though - either pesto or LG tom n basil, with the obligatory black olives and parmesan

Back
Top Bottom