Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Goat cheese and spinach empanadas, field mushroom stuffed with tomato and cheese, boiled new spuds, carrots and peas *pop*

Ooh I love Empanadas!
There was an Argentinian cafe over the road from the old work that sold spinach and goats cheese ones, ham and cheese and a beef and tomato one.
Yummy!

Did you make them yourself?
If so do you have a good recipe?

i think we'll have a some kind of tortilla (the eggy, potatoey kind, fritatta?) with goats cheese... with some kind of veg.

innit. it makes me :( and a little :confused: when people say they're not gonna have a proper dinner just cos they're on their own. why not have something that the person they usally eats with is not keen on or something?
It's because I'm not well, not just because I'm on my own.

Just have to sort myself out tonight so something involving a couple of rashers of streaky bacon and some pasta, or possibly a fish finger sandwich.

Higgety quiche, saffron braised potatoes and tomatoes, peas and sweetcorn. Baguette.

Not sure about tonight, maybe the pasta bake from Jamie Olivers Italy book as it got a mention in the Observer top 50 and I like it.

Ended up doing mushroom and olive lasagne with potatoes in oil and mustard and peas. Was delicious.

Tonight might be roasted butternut squash risotto.

Something with chicken and pasta. The health kick starts today, finally, after being delayed by a holiday and a last-minute invitation to the pub yesterday.

I've just scoffed a beautiful steak, accompanied by fried onions and mushrooms, all sat on a pile of butterbeans with pesto mixed through them.
Deeeeeeeeeeeeeelish.

I've got a Twix Fino for pudding. Never seen one before, so I had to buy one. There are naff all calories in it, so it must be nearly hollow!

I got some ragu out the freezer, so going to force down some spag bol.

I also got some sausages out the freezer this morning... they'll be ok to cook tomorrow even thought they're fully defrosted won't they?

Ended up doing mushroom and olive lasagne with potatoes in oil and mustard and peas. Was delicious.

Tonight might be roasted butternut squash risotto.

I'm going for risotto too. Don't have any butternut squash so just gonna have one with mushrooms and mange tout.

E2A Bee, I'm sure the sausages will be fine, as long as you don't put them back in the freezer.

Chicken casserole in the oven now. Breasts, leeks, carrots, tomatoes and a splurge of vino.
Mashed potatoes.
Is it autumn yet ?

Pasta with crushed fresh garlic, herbes de Provence, a little smoked paprika, chilli flakes, black pepper and butter and stirred well. Yum.

Garlic sausages with roasted new potatoes (might go all fancy and put herbs and balsamic vinegar on the pots :oops:).

Goferit. Earlier this week I made a salad dressing of olive oil, wholegrain mustard, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Last night I chucked the last of it over the boiled new potatoes, went down very well.

The boy is staying with my Mum tonight and we're going to Loch Fyne (got £30 of vouchers), so something fishy I suspect.

Last night - rib-eye steak, fried onions, baked sweet potatoes.

Some italian wine.

Was a nice effort.

Hmm, the recipie I want calls for fresh breadcrumbs and I don't have any stale bread or a food processor.
Any one know a cheat?

It's only 100g in some dumplings with lots of other things.
Would it be that bad to use packet ones just this once if I really can't get anything else?

Back
Top Bottom