Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

You're not leaving for another five months? :hmm: :confused: I don't think that's right! :D

We're going to have Tesco's haddock fillets in breadcrumbs with oven chips and broccoli.

Last night was baked spud and beans. Hadn't tried cottage cheese since I was a kid, when I thought it tasted like vomit, but tried it again last night and found it really moreish. Can't help thinking the Waitrose chive and spring onion stuff must give you the worst breath ever though.

Hoping to feel up to it.

Chicken pie with puff pastry top.
Mashed carrots with butter and pepper.
French style peas.

I hate Jamie Oliver but his recopies are good :oops:

I have said this before on here but I find broccoli and chips a really weird combination. Why not peas Sheo?

51PREF4Y39L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

'I DON'T LIKE PEAS!' said Daisy.

I do like peas, tbf :D but guess who fucking doesn't :rolleyes: :facepalm: and actually, more to the point, they both really like broccoli so it tends to be our standard *veg of choice* iykwim.
But anyway, there's not really a whole lot of difference in how well they go together, tbh - it's just that peas are more traditional eh?! :hmm:

bubble & squeak?

No potatoes today (will be coming from Messrs Abel and Cole tomorrow) so no can do - my fancy bistro book says smoked haddock with savoy cabbage, so I might pick some up and if he goes out it can go in the freezer.

Oo have a lovely time OU - I miss a bit of stuff these days on here

Tonight we shall be dining on either leftover Egyptian lentil soup or oven baked porcini and thyme risotto.

Depends on the level of arsedness following the first 2 spliffs :D

Something soft as I had a tooth out this morning.

Probably pasta or chips although salt, vinegar and ketchup is a bad idea I guess.

I could have chips and gravy.

It will be something with chips & beans...thinking maybe veggie sausages. And then a hot radox bath to ease my aching gym inflicted muscles.

We had baked potatoes with cheese, coleslaw and salad. Only they were a bit hard because I forgot to put them in the oven on time. :(

My daughter's going out to the theatre for her friend's birthday and I think her dad's going to to get them some food first :hmm: so me and the boy will have the leftover mash, reheated then stuck under the grill with some cheddar on top :cool: with some grilled salmon and broccoli.

Back
Top Bottom