Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

up.

I gather you can buy fermented black beans from Chinese supermarkets too. Might make a big batch a freeze it.

They last forever in the fridge. I can't go in Wing Tai without coming out with several jars of stuff. Chilli bean paste is good stuff too - actually made with broad beans.

An asian meat ball soup with Beef as I couldn't find any minced pork or turkey anywhere in Cambridge. That'll be ok, surely?

Thought I had pork mince so it was going to be an approximation of this, but I don't :facepalm: so I'm going to do it with a couple of langoustine I just got instead.

how did it go? My Beef mince was fine - I had it for lunch today too :D
I'd love some loungoustines, scampi is my all time favourite.

Tonight for dinner: Puy lentils with sundried tomato with Baked Cod and some baby broad beans from the freezer

An asian meat ball soup with Beef as I couldn't find any minced pork or turkey anywhere in Cambridge. That'll be ok, surely?

Gonna make it after the Simpsons. Can I have the recipe for that tomato and seafood stew you made the other week? :)

Wasn't that OU? :hmm:

Bouillabase recipes are good - I do something similar to THIS (although I've not tried doing the rouille) - yum, yum, YUM! And langoustines! *JEALOUS* :cool:

ETA - I don't bother with the fish heads etc either - making it in smaller quantites and then cooking whatever fish I'm using (a mixture usually) does fine. And you have all the tasty bits from the langoustine shells heads to add extra flavour too...COR, *JEALOUS* again! :D

In fact, Pip - my daughter (non-fish eater :mad: ) is at a friend's tomorrow for dinner so you've just reminded me that it'd be the perfect opportunity for me and the boy to get some down us! :cool:

That's a good recipe. I'm put off bouillbase because I had a boyfriend who made (an admittedly wicked) one which took him an entire DAY.

Oh no, fuck that! :D
I just simmer all the veg/tomato/fish scraps/herbs/water etc for as long as I can be arsed, squeeze it all out over a sieve then dump the fish in to cook! :D

I have no idea what is for tea. I have no cooking mojo and would quite like marmite on toast, which I've already had for brunch, but not sure I can sell that to bf :confused:

Sheo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was in Asia. Now I'm back with a lovely tan, which as my brother in law kindly pointed out is the same colour as Mum's leather sofa :(

How've you been?

Pip- that was OU!
I'm funny about my shell fish - I like little men in armour but not globs of snot in shells :D

They last forever in the fridge. I can't go in Wing Tai without coming out with several jars of stuff. Chilli bean paste is good stuff too - actually made with broad beans.

Good to know, thanks Ms T. Chilli bean paste sounds like a winner too. Been trying to improve my Oriental cooking of late, these will help.

I'm a sucker for them jars too. Wing Tai's one thing, but put me in Wing Yip or Hoo Hing and I find myself invariably walking out with heavy bags, overspilling with random jars of goodness, from pickled veg to yellow bean paste.

Jump forward 6 months and a fair few are clogging up the overspilling fridge. Another year and I'm beginning to purge the cupboards of out of date stock. Some of it's genuinely useful, but you can run the risk of greed getting the best of you, at least if you're as curious to try things at me.

Tonight it's another pie from the missus' assembly line this weekend. Good stuff.

My soup was lovely :cool:

I went to bed dreaming of a brunch me and my mate always make: shakshouka, courgette pancakes, Turkish bread, houmous, yoghurt, and watermelon with mint and rose syrup, so maybe something roughly along those lines.

Gratin Dauphinois, with roast tomatoes and garlic, and garden peas

And red wine, obviously. Welll, it takes a long time to cook!

veggie haggis, neeps and tatties that would give you a coronary by looking at them. yum. followed by raspberry cranachan and much whisky :cool:

Sheo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was in Asia. Now I'm back with a lovely tan, which as my brother in law kindly pointed out is the same colour as Mum's leather sofa :(

How've you been?

Wooohooooooooooo - did you have a fab time? Stupid question! :cool: Ah well, I'll forgive you for not being here then. :p I'm *alright* like.... :D

Bouillabase for me and the boy tonight (TY Pip!) with John Dory, king prawns and squid....and a wholegrain roll for dunking. Mmmm, mmmm, mmmmmm! :cool:

dunno, being cooked for.
pip - that fish stew i did i just bunged together - it had thyme and onions and celeriac in as well as white fish, prawns, mussels and squid

Mainly bubble and squeak, with some peas or sweetcorn and maybe a ready made burger or veggie grill from the freezer.

Back
Top Bottom