Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

An asian meat ball soup with Beef as I couldn't find any minced pork or turkey anywhere in Cambridge. That'll be ok, surely?

Bubble 'n' squeak and hard boiled eggs (maybe a pickled onion) and some Peroni Gran Reserva(sp?)

Nigella's 'praised chicken'. Name makes me gag a bit but is really wholesome and delicious and GOOD.

(it's a hybrid of poached and braised)

i know :oops: . i was planning to have macaroni cheese, salad and maybe some bread, but i got distracted by the tv amd drinking , so when i opened the fridge , the cheese strings sang to me :D

You eat so little feyr, that I always imagine you to be really tiny.
Like Mrs Pepperpot tiny.

Dinner last night was roast leg of lamb, roast pots, carrots, cabbage and mashed swede - all of which was lovely.

Pudding was a complete failure though. I'm trying to go through the freezer and eat things that have been in there for ages and yesterday I unearthed some rhubarb from last summer and some filo pastry so I thought I'd make a rhubarb filo pie.
For a start I didn't add enough sugar and it was really tart plus freezing had done something to the texture of the rhubarb so no matter how much you chewed it it didn't seem to break down.
We gave up after the first mouthfull and had ice cream with bit of salvaged file pastry on top.

Hendo has already asked me what's for tea tonight. :D

It's going to be stir-fried prawns and coriander, and stir-fried vegetables, with rice. Maybe some gyozas to start as I have a load of frozen ones to hand. :D

Have leftover chicken for the missus' (successful) pie experiments yesterday. Also have leftover double cream, veg and a block of paneer. And sausages.

May well rustle up some form of curry so as to avoid having to go to shops on Monday. Or perhaps a winey cream pasta thing.

Vegetable pie, roast potatoes, parsnips and carrots and steamed cabbage an mange tout with gravy.

Tonight will probably be a vegetable and tofu stir fry with noodles. Might try my hand a spicy black bean sauce if I can find a recipe.

ETA: Hmmm, seems you need fermented black beans......

ringo - get some black bean paste!

retail_blackbean_paste.jpg

Easily picked up in chinese supermarkets etc

Got my daughter's friend coming over. Doing pepperoni pizza, oven chips and salad. The usual for pudding....ice cream, with all the bells and whistles they can fit on top. :D

tonight I'll be using up some freezer food, so probably veggie saussies with something... maybe a saussie and lentil stew actually - need to use up storecupboard ingredients too!

Not being paid till Wednesday so spent the last of my cash on some lovely Parma ham, pate and cheese yesterday. So I'll be having a combo of all three on bread tonight and tomorrow!

ringo - get some black bean paste!

retail_blackbean_paste.jpg

Yes, will have to get some in. Unfortunately such delights are bit exotic for the Budgens near my work so I bought a jar of spring onion hoisin sauce as a backup in case I don't have the ingredients at home to knock something up.

I gather you can buy fermented black beans from Chinese supermarkets too. Might make a big batch a freeze it.

Back
Top Bottom