Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Veggie and potato curry with basmati rice. Smells ace; I've just got to resist the urge to keep tasting it 'to check the seasoning'. I want it to cook all afternoon for maximum spice blending awesomeness. :cool:

South Indian green fish curry, with salmon fwiw.

Am intrigued how this goes. i ordered a South Indian green fish curry a while back from a good Indian takeaway...and it was so bad, like pieces of Alaskan pollock floating in an odd-tasting green swamp :(

The rest of the dishes were, as always exceptional (apart from the Butter Chicken - the only place I know that does that well is Mirsh Masala)

We're having chorizo, chicken and potatoes again as it was so lush last week. I have also added red peppers and about to steam some green beans to go with. Smells delicious.

^^^

YUMMER!!!! :cool:

My son's gone over to his bezzer's for a sleepover (four of them in all *brave parents* ). We had chips after swimming and shit loads of popcorn at the cinema this morning too, so the small girl just had a puny amount of Doritos and a big bunch of grapes.
I've got some dhal and rice in the fridge if/when I fancy it.

Oh God that curry was ace, if I do say so myself. Really worth letting it simmer all afternoon. Bloody lovely. Got loads of it for tomorrow night too.

Went out for dosas with a friend and her little boy. Had paneer majestic, chicken no. 65 and chennai dosa, washed down with a couple of kingfishers.

Can hardly move now:D

It has creme fraiche and pesto in it too

the creme fraiche sounds good but with bacon and mushroom no need for the pesto (still probly lovely though)

I cooked an everything-but the kitchen sink beef curry which had lean minced beef, garlic, celery, sweet potato, leeks, garlic cloves, tomatoes and red lentils.....added garam masala, butter, olive oil, fenugreek, cayenne pepper, chilli powder, steak seasoning, nutmeg, a cinammon stick, coriander, an oxo cube, onion gravy granules and a dash of worcestershire sauce. Erm, I think that's it. Served with chapatis, coulda been an epic fail but tasted like a very generic, traditional beef curry.

Why the bleeding charlie dickens are you adding olive oil, oxo cubes, steak seasoning, gravy granules and worcester sauce to your beef curry Cheesy? A little bit of personalisation is fine and dandy, but bunging half the spice cupboard in every other dish probably dooms everything to tasting strangely similar after a while.

Anyway, we also had Sloppy Guiseppe pizzas here after a very lazy day, possibly not helped by a massive fry up this morning.

Last night I had dinner at Wahaca with my sister.
Tonight is the first night of a week of dinners on my own so I'll be eating anything and everything theboy doesn't like. Probably a meatball noodle soup.

Cottage pie with peas and roasted carrots probably. Have toothache so soft food will be very welcome.

Why the bleeding charlie dickens are you adding olive oil, oxo cubes, steak seasoning, gravy granules and worcester sauce to your beef curry Cheesy? A little bit of personalisation is fine and dandy, but bunging half the spice cupboard in every other dish probably dooms everything to tasting strangely similar after a while. .

There was no need, absolutely! i was deliriously tired after working a 12-hour day.

Today im gonna have fish and chips down the pub, gonna skip the roast. When I do have roast its always pork belly if they have it.

moules marinieres
roast forerib of beef, roast potatoes, cheaty yorkshire puds, glazed carrots and sauteed leeks with greens
cake
biscuits

Beef Mussaman Curry (Rick Stein recipe) plus rice and some tinned Green Chilli Beans in Coconut Milk which we got from the local Thai supermarket because it looked interesting!

chicken curry, spinach dhal (with paneer :oops:) and some chilli paratha I picked up in the shops a while back (along with mango chutney and poppadoms)

with the chocolate muffins currently in the oven for pudding :cool:

The missus is cooking food from her Northern heritage zone. So a big (chicken & leek) pie then. Thoroughly looking forward to it

Back
Top Bottom