Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Lamb tagine which had a couple of hours in the slow cooker and some whOlewheat cous cous.
Desperate for something chocolate and spongy for pudding but it'll be tears and and early night instead :(

on a diet, cutting back on meaty treats, dairy and cake:(
tonights dinner is lentil and mushroom soup with some nutritional yeast sprinkled on top. And if I'm still hungry I'll have hummus, spinach and avocado in pitta. All surprisingly tasty. There is a some cake, but it's dairy free (tho it's laden with sugar:D)

you see, it DOES sound delicious, but not very filling - soup with a little yeast would NOT fill me up, seriously. I need potatoes/ pasta, carbs as well or i feel weak....:(

well it was supposed to be homemade pizza with goats cheese and tomato empanadas. but my oh so hilarious son lobbed an entire bottle of tabasco sauce and a load of salt into the tomato paste i was making while i was out of the room trying to console one of the other kids as feyr jnr had tried to flush her favourite teddy bear down the loo

the pain in the butt was sniggering as i served up dinner, which i put down to him being in a silly mood, so when we all started trying to eat the painfully disgusting food, i thought i must have made a mistake in the recipe somewhere, but then he smiles the most cheeky smile ever, and says "oh well mummy, i guess we will have to get dominos for tea. i will have pepperoni on mine please" while producing a pizza delivery leaflet that i didnt even know we had

so he got given the choice of eating the skanky pizza or going hungry ( oddly enough he chose hungry :D), while the others had egg and chips. i had pizza crusts dipped in marmite :oops:

Argh - how infuriating, feyr (although I can't deny that I did snigger ever so slightly at his subsequent, victorious pizza order :cool: and then again at his plan going so totally to pot :D )!

It's my son's parents eve tonight and we have to leave at 4.25, so too early to eat, but won't be back till probably half six (and my daughter's bedtime is meant to be 7), so we'll either have scrambled eggs on toast when we get in or I'll get them sausage and chips from the chip shop on the way back..... :hmm:

Dunno yet...am thinking chips n egg though, with mushy peas...

Didn't have the apple crumble last night, so will have that too, with a nice cuppa tea :cool:

you see, it DOES sound delicious, but not very filling - soup with a little yeast would NOT fill me up, seriously. I need potatoes/ pasta, carbs as well or i feel weak....:(

Add some bleeding noodles to it then, or munch your way through a loaf or two of bread on the size. Just think of it as a thinner stew if needs must

I've been known to eat some soups in bowls the size of a trough. I think I served up a wonton noodle soup recently that could have fed a family of four. I'm not a great one for dainty portions.

Noodles won't do, though, t! :(

You said:
Pork noodle soup, heavy on the coriander and chilli. Bring on the slurping!

Cheesy said:
sounds good but will it be enough? gawd, i'd need loads of other food with it, and noodle soups tend to be watery....

(((((((((((( China/South East Asia :( ))))))))))))

Cheesy ain't see our bowl troughs. To be honest, that noodle soup is bloody filling, if only because we always fail the noodle excess test. I can't bring myself to have two just 'cakes' of egg noodles between two, so there's an inevitably an excess. And with the pint of stock each and enough topping to fill a hungry rhino (a pack of mince between two), it's hardly a diet meal. And there's always enough dumplings and dim sum in the freezer in the unlikely event munchies should arise.

yellow split pea, carrot & mushroom soup. Bean burgers with hummus (no bread tho) and an avocado, banana and peanut butter smoothie to finish.

i really fancy pizza :hmm: and a beer , and some garlic bread and some chicken wings
the kids have had chicken stew with carrot and swede mash, cabbage with chorizo and sweetcorn. they all mst have been very hungry as there is no left overs for either me or the freezer, despite the recipe supposedly feeding adults :D

i may have to get a dominos once the kids are asleep, and hide the evidence from feyr jnr :D

thai green curry. don't know what veg to chuck in though. got a small butternut squash, some aubergine and some courgettes, but i don't really like courgettes or aubergines. might have to pop to the co-op and see what they've got.

Lunch.

Had a Franco Manca pizza, salad, lager, then coffee and pecan pie at The Good Bench.

Still stuffed, won't eat again today.

My boy fucking stormed the parents eve :cool: :D *proud* :cool: so we decided the eggs on toast, which I'd settled on by then, were no way enough in the way of a celebration and I got them sausage and chips instead (and a roe for me) and we've got the last of the double choc brownies for pudding.

Back
Top Bottom