Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

We had chicken, chorizo and potatoes from Nigella Kitchen. Except we had legs instead of thighs, I forgot to get an orange and I had bloody rosemary in my oregano box.
I also added a red pepper...

Even after changing the whole recipe it was absolutely gorgeous and so simple. Just chucked everything on a tray.

Sparklefish- we've had that a couple of times and love it too! Not just for the ease of making it :D
Tonight we had a lemon flavoured slow cooker chicken stew with mash and broccoli.
Orange and cranberry cake in the oven at the mo for pudding later.

Yesterday was a full on veggie roast with nothing being left on my plate. As per usual the last item on my plate was the mighty roast potatoe which BF is almost getting alright at making!!

Tonight I'm at work so it's quorn cottage pie and steamed veggies from the microwave.

I'm either going to friends for dinner for a spinach feast, or will have mushroom and barley soup from the freezer... not 100% sure yet!

Last night we had our M&S chicken with roast potatoes, broccoli, bread sauce and gravy with the key lime 'shots' for pudding...so tonight is the leek and potato bake that came with it, with some pork and apple sausages, mange tout and broccoli and some of the M&S Elderflower presse to drink (forgot we had it yesterday! :facepalm: ).

Saturday was mushroom and spinach fritata, potatoes braied in saffron and tomatoes and deep fried parsnips in cayenne pepper and parmesan breadcrumbs.

Sunday Higgedy Pie with roast veggies and steamed sugar snap peas & cabbage.

Tonight will be chilli & rice, probably.

I just noticed the couple of replies I got when mentioning the pudding night. It really was fab and I managed to try a little of every pudding. All puddings were home made (and from free range eggs which is something I get a little obsessive over). If anyone happens to be in South Oxfordshire there are two great village pubs both called the Red Lion which do pudding nights. One in Chalgrove and the other in Brightwell cum Sotwell.

http://www.redlionchalgrove.co.uk/
http://www.redlion.biz/

Penne in a tomato, chicken and chorizo sauce.
Orange and cranberry cake for pudding...possibly with custard...

I made roasted tomatoes, basil and prawn soup...I really enjoyed it but I've apparently put too much scotch peppers...oops!....hey ho...lunch 'morrow is sorted :D

We will have to have something today that can be cooked in the dark because the bloody light has gone in the kitchen. It's one of those strip light things and I have no idea where to buy one. Can't get to b&q cos can't drive today.

Grrrr

Stuff from the freezer. Two of us will have paella and one will have something green and yellow and unlabelled.

Ham joint that's been slow-cooked in ginger beer. Plus loads of veg.

I did this at Christmas and it tasted amazing.
Did you use any spices or other flavours?
I followed a recipe in Good Food mag and added star anise, cloves and tangerine zest in with the ginger beer.

Slow cooker dinner tonight - chicken, chopped toms, green lentils, red pepper, carrot & onion.

You probably don't want to know, tbh, moose :D (and I did have one, btw - and very nice it was too :cool: )....

Got my daughter's bezzer round so am doing the trusty tomato sauce and spaghetti (and it WILL be trusty this time, cos she's not a fussy little bastard :mad: :p ) with Nigella's double choc chocolate brownies for pudding.

I've also made a massive batch of coconut and tomato dhal so I think I'll just have some of that with half a toasted pitta.

i dont know :( kids are currently eating beef stew with bread and butter. if there is any left i will have that, otherwise it will be a cheese sarnie i think

It was going to be chicken and something, but despite only buying it yesterday the stupid cunt's gone off, so I dunno :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom