Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I've just made a whopping shopping list, we're still waiting on various things and it's grey outside. I'm beginning to come around to the idea of a lazy afternoon of tidying and flatpack assembly, followed by blatantly using the services of an excellent local indian takeaway instead. After the last time, when some poor bloke waddled through the snow with an insulated picnic box of perfect currys, they must deserve the business. He parked his car miles away and kept on ringing us, lost and sounding increasingly desperate, trudging through snow and slipping on ice. It's only fair, I can justify it.

i may cook some fresh plantain chips and whip up some starters to maintain to illusion of a little effort...

After a failed morning at work (BT Contractors decided not to turn up), I'm going to go for a womble around Brixton Market. I'm swaying toward Brown Stew Chicken, Rice and Peas.

Sounds lovely. Can you pick up some curry ingredients while you're there and drop them off to me? I've got a list and everything.

Think of it like your St Jamie Oliver style mission, saving some frightful oik(s) from the evils of the takeaway.

i have fresh sage - what does sage go with? im thinking it goes with pork, also butternut squash, butter, pinenuts and pasta - yes?

frozen pizza :(
not my choice though, but at least they're letting me eat a whole one.
last time i only got a third.

Scrub the bulghur wheat salad.....going to walk my son's mate home so going to get them sausage and chips from the chippy. I might have a roe. :hmm:

I'm doing a kheema, dhal and rice. First time I've done some proper cooking in nearly 3 months! I've missed it.

M&S meal jobby using Xmas vouchers. So rotisserie style chicken with chips and broad beans/savoy cabbage followed by millionaires shortbread pudding :cool:

Twas well bargainous and there will be enough chicken for sarnies early next week for lunch and will make a soup with the carcass. Frugal :cool:

^^^
We got almost the same today (for tomorrow) :D the rotisserie chicken (a nice big £7.38 one - and yes, I did rifle through the lot to find the heaviest one :cool: :D ), a leek, potato and gruyere bake and my daughter chose the key lime pie shots for pudding (we were torn between those and the millionaires shortbread one too, but there are three of these tbf, so made sense).... :cool:

^^^
We got almost the same today (for tomorrow) :D the rotisserie chicken (a nice big £7.38 one - and yes, I did rifle through the lot to find the heaviest one :cool: :D ), a leek, potato and gruyere bake and my daughter chose the key lime pie shots for pudding (we were torn between those and the millionaires shortbread one too, but there are three of these tbf, so made sense).... :cool:

I did exactly the same but there were only 4 left so £6.67 was the best I could do:D

Sprats....went out on a mates boat and caught about half a tonne..( he is a fisherman ) ....very nice, think I maybe sick of them soon though, bin bag in the freezer full of em

Despite the fact that I had no pepper sauce my steak dinner was delicious. I am now going to have toasted waffles and hazelnut ice cream :)

Marinated olives, pizza, half a salad, shared pud of 1 scoop each of chocolate and peanut butter ice cream.

Bangers, mash, onion/shallot/mustard gravy. And I've got some bacon that wants eating up so that going on as umm, 'garnish', too. This dinner can't make it's mind up whether it's a Sunday morning fry up or not.

We went to a mate's last night for dinner and had lamb shanks, buttery mash, cabbage + a lovely apricot tart with cream for pudding.
It was all wonderful but not really in keeping with my supposedly very low fat diet :oops:
Today I am attempting to balance it out with stir-fried veg and tofu.

Back
Top Bottom