Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

last night I had lots of lovely sush - cucumber maki, tamago nigiri and aubergine and sun-dried tomato california rolls.... I was stuffed!

tonight is going out for dinner and I'm having penne pasta with pumpkin, sun dried tomatos, creme fraiche and pesto. yummmmmm

Off to a Lebanese place in a minute with workmates, then tonight will be a delivery of lovely Indian food.

Spiced root vegetable soup with bread

What spices does that have? I have a recipe called Marmitako which Leiths Vegetarian Bible reckons is Spanish but nobody's ever heard of it. It has some North African influence - plenty of cumin and saffron, absolutely lovely.

My son's bezzer's staying tonight so I'm taking the opportunity to get rid of the MASSIVE chicken, tomato and mozzarella pasta bake thing I got from Tesco ages ago as part of a meal deal.

Then either ice cream or cheesecake yoghurts :hmm: for pudding.

Not sure. Been busy all day and haven't thought about it. There's some sausages left from the other night and there's eggs and there's potatoes so probably sausage egg and chips for them and egg and chips for me :cool:

I'd forgotten the 15 yr old had food tech. He was supposed to be making a soup with chicken and spinach and rice but he put too much rice in and turned it into risotto :D Mr madz and the youngest had it with chopped up herbes du provence sausages and I had it with chorizo. The chef himself had chicken nuggest and chips. It was a very nice risotto :cool:

Just had tandoori chicken, lemon and ginger rice, 3 onion bhajis and poppadoms with lime pickle. Bloody lovely, it was. :)

Beef of course. How could it be otherwise?
I ate a massive Greek tea at the olive tree. Their savoury pastries are wick.

I had pizza because my kitchen was full of silicone experiments and everyone on the pizza thread made me hungry. It had courgettes and artichokes on it.

Nah, pineapple is only for bad pizza, I feel all self conscious when I get good pizza and feel compelled to adorn it with middle class veg.

I love pineapple on pizza....but you are probably right that it is for bad pizza!...my local place does a small veggie pizza for £2 that has pinneapple & jalopeno on it. Now that can't wrong can it?

Tonight it's going to be a curry fest as it's our secret santa party and we are all bringing a dish to share. I have made a quorn, red/yellow pepper & spinach madras. BF is making chilli garlic mushrooms plus paneer makhani. I have also made the white chocolate cheesecake that aqua posted up & currently making a spiced popping candy cake (Hestons).

Hopefully someone will take me out tonight, where there's music and there's people who are young and alive. :D

Probably the bulghur/mackerel/halloumi/tomato salad we didn't have the other night...plus whatever pudding the small girl picks from the M&S meal for a tenner offer.

Waiting around for deliveries, then building furniture for kitchen, then somehow meant to be buying and cooking meal for guests in an informal house warming thing. Vegematarians involved too, so there needs to be a little more care. Perhaps should have been more organised on reflection.

Feeling a little uninspired too. Leaning towards making a batch of thai curry paste, green probably, and varying slightly for the carnivores and vegetarians. Corn cake, dumpling and satay starters perhaps. Possibly some kind of thai salad with optional meat topping. Will decide when I see what's down the market and how much time's remaining.

Aw thanks Sheo. But I'll fully admit that I clicked on that link and involuntarily shuddered. it looks a bit too much like coleslaw, which is the one foodstuff i just can't handle. I'm basically fearful of the shredded nastiness.
:(

Back
Top Bottom