Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Are you still having Fajitas today?

We're having them tomorrow. :cool:
nope it'll be tomorrow now :oops: I failed to pick up some key ingredients :oops: (cheese! I forgot the cheese!)

tonight is pizza now, I'm too shattered to go to the shops now

I had Kraft macaroni cheese, for my sins - funnily enough this was Kurt Kobains favourite food and all he could tolerate with his ulcer.

wanted to try it for ages, i added black pepper, mixed herbs and parmesan - it was still pretty bad but filled a gap

Husband loves Kraft mac cheese. It's nasty, I agree.

We had montbeliard sausages (smoked pork, cumin, nutmeg) cooked with red cabbage, onion, garlic, balsamic vinegar and tons of black pepper. It was lovely! With Russian and Irish in my immediate family I tend to avoid cabbage but this was lush :)

toast. was meant to be cheese on toast with beans on top, but quite frankly that seemed like too much effort :oops:

My daughter has a friend round so I'm making the standard safe bet dish :D spaghetti and tomato/basil sauce with some grated cheddar on top.
Bananas with vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, squirty cream and chocolate wafers for pudding. :cool:

(Although it'll probably just be grapes for me :hmm: :rolleyes: :mad: )

Just had a tea fail, it was really nasty! I made sweet and sour veggies and brown rice and it properly minged!

Does this happen to anyone else?
:(

Just had a tea fail, it was really nasty! I made sweet and sour veggies and brown rice and it properly minged!

Does this happen to anyone else?
:(

:( In what way did it ming?

Salmon fillets, new pots, peas n carrots for me and the bloke tonight.
Pizza for the boy and his friend who is coming for tea.

Actually I just realised my tea minged cos I'm a moron and didn't put any soy sauce or sesame oil in.

Am I the only woman who can balls-up sweet and sour while actually living in China? :rolleyes:

Actually I just realised my tea minged cos I'm a moron and didn't put any soy sauce or sesame oil in.

Am I the only woman who can balls-up sweet and sour while actually living in China? :rolleyes:

Good work :). I've done similar cooking when very stoned. Forgetting the cheese in macaroni cheese and the chilli in a chilli. :oops:

You're the kind of mum I'd want to be like :cool:

For the puddings?! :cool:

Tbf, mine pay a price for their dinners, which is having to pass on an opinion of it afterwards 'Was it nice?' 'Yes.' 'How nice? ' 'Very nice, mum.... :rolleyes: ' 'Would you eat it again? :hmm: ' ' :facepalm: ' etc

Aaaaaanyway - her friend had pasta and tommy sauce yesterday, lol, so they're having beans on toast now. Me and the boy (who doesn't like beans) are having baked sweet potatoes with goats cheese and broccoli.

Mexican bean soup out of the freezer, in a big bowl of egg noodles. Slurpalicious.

Red wine and crisps for a starter, a chocolate-tasting-box* for afters :cool:

*not a box that tastes of chocolate, a box of cholcolates that are experiments from the chocolate tasting club, from where my dad got my birthday choccies
:confused:

tonight will be mushroom and barley soup with homemade bread.

Do you have a recipe for that? It sounds lovely!

For us tonight: Beef and ginger stir fry with some cheese for pudding later. Eating up the rest of the cheese is becoming more of a chore than a pleasure :(

Back
Top Bottom