Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

ooops, I ended up having spicy spinach and chickpeas with brown rice... couldn't be bothered going to the shops and it rather handily used up the big bag of spinach I had as well as a couple of tins and I'm trying to downsize my storecupboard before leaving the country!

we had fajitas fail (boo) so had beans on toast instead and the fajitas will be tomorrow instead :cool:

Had conchiglie pasta shells, with toasted pinenuts, olive oil, butter, fresh sage, and leftover roasted parsnips and carrots with parmesan. Surprisingly good!:)

Chucked together a sausage casserole type affair last night which turned out nicer than I had hoped.

Cumberland sausages
Shallots
Red onion
Red pepper
Tomatoes fresh and tinned
Chicken stock
Garlic
Paprika
Little chilli sauce

Cooked it for about 2 hours and was modestly marvellous :)

Spag bol that we were supposed to have last night. Mr had cheese on toast and I had cold curry leftover from lunch.

Leftover lasagne. Leftovers all week I reckon.

That was a winner. Made a huge pot of colcannon which was even nicer than I remember it being, and some steamed sugar snap peas.

Tonight will be reheated filo pie, if it works, with more colcannon or hash browns.

Just me and our lass tonight, so poached smoked river cobbler, boiled small spuds, slightly crushed, with tons of butter and black pepper, and garden peas. Nom.

We're having Sainsburys vegetable quarter pounders with a cheese slice, lettuce, mayo and ketchup in soft white baps.

*BAPS* :cool:

Grapes and/or apples for pudding.

It's going to be blue cheese recipes all week for me, I need to use up a fairly large chunk of stilton from Christmas. Tonight will be mushroom and stilton risotto.

Chilli day for us tomorrow, Madzone. What do you have with it?

We went to a French restaurant for tea; baked Camembert salad, fillet steak with read wine sauce and chips and then profiteroles for pudding. :cool: Living in China is really growing on me. :)

Pudding night at a village pub. You begin with a small starter then it's on to unlimited puddings - from a choice of 10. I might skip the starter.

A Nigella recipe of chicken thighs roasted with potatoes and chorizo with orange and thyme. Highlights hot choc for pudding :)

Due to me not labelling things I put in the freezer the boys are having chilli and we're having some kind of curry. I think it might be last years turkey.

Glorious Soup's Asian Tomato, Rice and Ginger soup. With salad in pitta. Er... 'nom', as they say.

Back
Top Bottom